Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT premium PP
I have 2016 gt pp with Eibach pro kit. I
Just had new tires installed...rear are 325/30/19
Now I have a decent gap in the rear. I need 1/4”-1/2”
More drop in the back. Front can’t go any lower.
I have read through a bunch of threads and I cant find anything that addresses this and it seems that 325/30/19 is not a very popular size, so maybe that why.
Anyway, what should I do?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2016 gt pp with Eibach pro kit. I
Just had new tires installed...rear are 325/30/19
Now I have a decent gap in the rear. I need 1/4”-1/2”
More drop in the back. Front can’t go any lower.
I have read through a bunch of threads and I cant find anything that addresses this and it seems that 325/30/19 is not a very popular size, so maybe that why.
Anyway, what should I do?
I wouldn't drop the back more. You should get a different size tire. What you installed is 1" smaller diameter than the stock PP rears, so 0.5" more gap. Dropping the rear more will seriously compromise the geometry of the suspension and make it impossible to align without additional components.

Get a tire that's between 27.3-28" in diameter.

OP
OP

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I am being told to go to that size diameter I would have to go a much smaller foot print . Apparently with 19 wheels I am limited.

OP
OP

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just talked with Eibach and they said I could run sportlines in rear and keep the pro kit springs in front. That gives me .3 more of a drop and was told no issues...anything will help!
Does any body have this set up they can post a pic of?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
There is a local guy who runs that setup. I don't have any pictures, though.
How does it look? I still want a little rake. And definitely don’t want it to look like the back is lower. Lol

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
i know a guy that is selling the rear springs only from sportlines i think he wants like 120 shipped or somethin close to that

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am being told to go to that size diameter I would have to go a much smaller foot print . Apparently with 19 wheels I am limited.
What size wheel? Unless it's a 11.5" wide, you can easily go smaller and still have plenty of meat to hook up.

OP
OP

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
What size wheel? Unless it's a 11.5" wide, you can easily go smaller and still have plenty of meat to hook up.
It’s MRR M350 11” car is supercharged is why I wanted a wider foot print. And it does hookup nicely now, but I think that gap will drive me crazy.

The place I got the tires from is telling me I would have to go down to. 275/35 to get that inch back?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It’s MRR M350 11” car is supercharged is why I wanted a wider foot print. And it does hookup nicely now, but I think that gap will drive me crazy.

The place I got the tires from is telling me I would have to go down to. 275/35 to get that inch back?
Not at all. 275/35 is the same diameter. Don't buy stuff from them...they don't know what they are talking about.

305/35R19 will get you almost all the way back. At the right pressures you should be fine on grip. Most people run their wider tires at stock pressures, which creates a very wide but also very short contact patch. Lowering the pressures increases the length of the contact patch to get the forward grip you need.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
How does it look? I still want a little rake. And definitely don’t want it to look like the back is lower. Lol
That's exactly what will happen if you lower the rear any further, the car will look "squatted"...don't do it!

OP
OP

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
The more I walk around and try and decide if I can live with it. I have noticed the driver side is higher than pass side. Pass side height I could live with....I did read a sticky that talks about loosing all pivot points in the rear while under a load and then re torque. If that fixes the unevenness I could live with it. I hope that will do it so I can move on with Some suspension stuff.

Thanks for the input.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The more I walk around and try and decide if I can live with it. I have noticed the driver side is higher than pass side. Pass side height I could live with....I did read a sticky that talks about loosing all pivot points in the rear while under a load and then re torque. If that fixes the unevenness I could live with it. I hope that will do it so I can move on with Some suspension stuff.

Thanks for the input.
Just for curiosity, what’s the height difference from side to side?

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard

Thanks for the input.
clock the bushings,,,,,
Sponsored