2019 GT Realistic Price Expectation?

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
Hey guys, been wanting an S550 so bad after I saw/drove one in 2015 and I was looking for a 2018 optioned like I want but had trouble finding one, so I'd like to order a 2019 if possible.

Car Optioned as I'd want:
2019 GT Premium Fastback
Velocity Blue
6 Speed
401a
Safe & Smart
Active Exhaust
Midnight Blue w/ Grabber Blue Stitch
HD Radio (B&O Play)

I can get the X-Plan pricing it looks like, which says it's $43,075 while the MSRP of it is $45,340.

The dealers like Koons Sterling and others make me feel like that's not a good deal and I'd like to get it as low as I can as I'm sure all of us do. I've never ordered a vehicle before and only owned two vehicles, one of which was purchased used from a dealer and another older one purchased via Craigslist, so I'm unfamiliar with ordering and don't know anyone who does/has.

Realistically what type of discounts can you get when ordering a vehicle, especially since this model year just started? I was super interested in picking up a 2018 with their 0% financing deal and would love to utilize that deal if it comes up again, but I'm not sure if I could bring the price down to where I'm 100% comfortable paying that each month. Should I be emailing local dealers asking what type of prices they can do out of the door? I don't want to be e-mailing them if I'll just be told MSRP or to not bother trying.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Best is on lot or dealer search, but if cannot find your options, you have to order and best people can get in orders is below invoice maybe by 1%-5% off. My area has too many bad dealers so I found one who agreed on xplan order plus whatever incentives are available upon delivery. we currently have a $1500 additional off if you get it delivered by October. Maybe others if you use Ford credit financing. you can always refinance with a credit union if rate was too high etc. Or just finance what you can pay off right away to get the extra rebate off the price.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I just ordered a 19 GT with 401a, pp1, active exhaust, magneride, b&o audio. I was able to get 5k off. $3500 from dealer and $1500 rebate.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a 19 GT with 401a, pp1, active exhaust, magneride, b&o audio. I was able to get 5k off. $3500 from dealer and $1500 rebate.

That is good, I got $2500 + the $1500. Also an 0.5% APR discount with my credit union car buying service.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Best is on lot or dealer search, but if cannot find your options, you have to order and best people can get in orders is below invoice maybe by 1%-5% off. My area has too many bad dealers so I found one who agreed on xplan order plus whatever incentives are available upon delivery. we currently have a $1500 additional off if you get it delivered by October. Maybe others if you use Ford credit financing. you can always refinance with a credit union if rate was too high etc. Or just finance what you can pay off right away to get the extra rebate off the price.
There are two schools of thought on this.

1 - It's a special order so you are going to get little discount compared to a car that's been sitting on the lot racking up interest.

2 - It's a special order and it's never going to sit on the lot racking up interest. It's an (almost) guaranteed instant sale so you should get a discount.

Obviously the dealers are going to push view #1, while you want to push view #2. I think view #2 is closer to the truth. If you special order you are probably going to put at least some earnest money down, and the dealer is going to get rid of that car within days of delivery. That's a win for the dealer, they should give you as much discount as they would a car sitting on the lot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jman3350

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
There are two schools of thought on this.

1 - It's a special order so you are going to get little discount compared to a car that's been sitting on the lot racking up interest.

2 - It's a special order and it's never going to sit on the lot racking up interest. It's an (almost) guaranteed instant sale so you should get a discount.

Obviously the dealers are going to push view #1, while you want to push view #2. I think view #2 is closer to the truth. If you special order you are probably going to put at least some earnest money down, and the dealer is going to get rid of that car within days of delivery. That's a win for the dealer, they should give you as much discount as they would a car sitting on the lot.
Yeah that's kind of what I was hoping. Since it's a guaranteed sale I figured they'd be willing to work with me some. I'd be putting the worth of my 03 mach 1 down (with 76k miles) on the car so I figure around $9,000 at least, if not more depending on how generous a dealer is feeling.

Awesome, good to know.
That is good, I got $2500 + the $1500. Also an 0.5% APR discount with my credit union car buying service.
Okay so I know roughly what I can expect from you and Grey03's answers.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I got mine down to $48k ($53,020 sticker) pre-sales tax. That included destination, title tags and documentation.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine down to $48k ($53,020 sticker) pre-sales tax. That included destination, title tags and documentation.
It seems the higher the sticker, the higher the discounts dealers are willing to give. I've seen advertised prices on $50K cars in the low $40K range.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems the higher the sticker, the higher the discounts dealers are willing to give. I've seen advertised prices on $50K cars in the low $40K range.
At Koons, on 18s, which is not counting documentation, titles, tags, etc, and already has the $2500 incentive applied (19s have a $1500 incentive). Koons, to my understanding, also has a $600 doc fee. I spoke with someone at Koons, after all the various fees I was within a few hundred of the price they would have done on the same spec’d 19, except I didn’t need to drive 3 hours to pick it up. :p
Koons and similar dealerships advertise after incentives and pre-fees to make it seem lower than it is. After fees, and post incentives, $5-6k off on a 19 is currently a great price.

OP
OP
jman3350

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
So $48k was out the door with everything, thats not bad.

Where'd you see these advertised out of curiosity?

At Koons, on 18s, which is not counting documentation, titles, tags, etc, and already has the $2500 incentive applied (19s have a $1500 incentive). Koons, to my understanding, also has a $600 doc fee. I spoke with someone at Koons, after all the various fees I was within a few hundred of the price they would have done on the same spec’d 19, except I didn’t need to drive 3 hours to pick it up. :p
Koons and similar dealerships advertise after incentives and pre-fees to make it seem lower than it is. After fees, and post incentives, $5-6k off on a 19 is currently a great price.
Okay, I wasn't actually aware of that which is why it looked so low. So as long as dealer's aren't asking MSRP I should be able to get it down roughly what I could at Koon's because of the incentives and such.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So $48k was out the door with everything, thats not bad.

Where'd you see these advertised out of curiosity?

Okay, I wasn't actually aware of that which is why it looked so low. So as long as dealer's aren't asking MSRP I should be able to get it down roughly what I could at Koon's because of the incentives and such.
Yea, $48k before sales tax was the final price (6.625% in NJ). It shouldn’t be hard to go below invoice and/or beat XPlan pricing.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Koons is on the other side of the country for me, and I'm not flying out there to pick up a car, but it's a nice barometer. I've seen similarly discounted prices on 18s in Vegas, LA and Phoenix (which are all semi-reasonable distance for me). I assume 19s will get there soon enough.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Koons is on the other side of the country for me, and I'm not flying out there to pick up a car, but it's a nice barometer. I've seen similarly discounted prices on 18s in Vegas, LA and Phoenix (which are all semi-reasonable distance for me). I assume 19s will get there soon enough.
That’s my point, though... you’re not actually getting it for those crazy low listings. Read the small print: they even remove the destination fee to make it artificially low. Right now Koon’s has a $50,460 GT for $41,908, the destination fee alone is nearly $1k, plus their large document fee, then tags, title, etc, etc, etc, you’re paying around $44-45k pre-tax, that puts you around $5-6k off sticker. Take into consideration the $1k difference in incentives and the 19s are already “there” considering I got $5k off a >$53k stickered one on Monday.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Was that for a 2019 order, and will they protect the rebate if the car arrives after the rebate 10/1 expiration, i.e. will they give you the higher of $1,500 or whatever is in effect at time of delivery? Also, where did you order?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was that for a 2019 order, and will they protect the rebate if the car arrives after the rebate 10/1 expiration, i.e. will they give you the higher of $1,500 or whatever is in effect at time of delivery? Also, where did you order?
My order arrived last week, drove it home Monday; it’s the price I actually paid, not a projected price. :)
A dealership may or may not be willing to “lock you in” to incentives, you’d need to ask (some dealerships take the risk, others will not). I got my car at John Kennedy Ford in Feasterville.
Sponsored