Sponsored

What options to get?

Kicker56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
I’m in the process of looking at different mustangs and trying to decide on what options to get. I currently have a Raptor and want a Mustang to go with it. Here is what I want 401A Stick, after that it gets tricky. It’s only going to be used as a DD during the good weather in Ohio, never tracked. I see a lot of people get PP1 with Magneride, but why not go PP2 for a few $$ more where it comes with it? Is the magneride worth it for people that have it? Is it better just to get a basic 401A drive down the road to Lebanon and order one with a whipple? This car is sick and has so many different options and trying to figure out the best way to go.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Get Magneride…

But you don't need PP2 to get it. If you do not plan on tracking then PP1 is perfect fit. PP2 just adds track tires and squared up wheels.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have a 301A PP2. The only other options I got were active exhaust and Recaro seats. The Recaros are more or less a personal preference. The active exhaust to me is perfect. The Magneride may be an expensive maintenance option down the road, but well worth it to me. If I had it to do all over, I wouldn't change a thing.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Since you’re going stick and it’s a secondary car for good weather, I’d get...
401a
PP2 w/Magneride
Active Exhaust
12 Speaker B&O Play System

*Safe & Smart comes down to preference, personally I love having the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control
I’m personally not a fan of the Recaro seats. Yes, they grip you in better, but the regular seats grip you in fine, the Recaro are also less comfortable for longer drives. You also must give up a lot to get those Recaro: no more power seats, no more heated or cooled seat functions. So, if you want Recaro seats, make sure that you REALLY want them. :p

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Hey, I’m just like you. I own a Raptor, live in Ohio, and just ordered a 19 GT. I ordered a auto though with pp1, magneRide, active exhaust, and 401a. If I was getting a manual, pp2 all day everyday... They look better, handle better, and are just plain sweet!

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
401a
PP2 w/Magneride
Active Exhaust

*Safe & Smart comes down to preference, personally I love having the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control
I’m personally not a fan of the Recaro seats. Yes, they grip you in better, but the regular seats grip you in fine, the Recaro are also less comfortable for longer drives. You also must give up a lot to get those Recaro: no more power seats, no more heated or cooled seat functions. So, if you want Recaro seats, make sure that you REALLY want them. :p
Yea, a lot of things are just personal preference. These are the first set of Recaros I've ever had. Being 5'8" and 200 lbs, I wasn't sure I would like them, but after sitting in them, I opted for them and I'm really glad I did now. They just seem to mold around you and the head rests are perfect for relaxing highway driving. If you are a much bigger person, they probably wouldn't be the way to go though. I can see that. With cloth, heating/cooling isn't a big deal. I would prefer the adjustments to be power, but I can live w/o that.

As far as lane departure and adaptive cruise control, I can't stand either one. Our Highlander has all those nannies and they drive me crazy. Forget to signal for a lane change or offramp, it's beeping at you and trying to take the wheel from you. Adaptive cruise may be ok on long open stretches of highways, but let someone pull out in front of you or slow down to turn off, and it can almost be dangerous at times. I'd just as soon remain at my constant speed and change lanes. It might slow you down to 50 on the interstate rather quickly to where it becomes harder to change lanes and pass, or then floors the damn thing to try and get back up to speed. Thankfully, you can just bypass it by holding the on button for a couple seconds and have normal cruise control, at least on the Toyota. I'm not sure how it works on the Mustang.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, a lot of things are just personal preference. These are the first set of Recaros I've ever had. Being 5'8" and 200 lbs, I wasn't sure I would like them, but after sitting in them, I opted for them and I'm really glad I did now. They just seem to mold around you and the head rests are perfect for relaxing highway driving. If you are a much bigger person, they probably wouldn't be the way to go though. I can see that. With cloth, heating/cooling isn't a big deal. I would prefer the adjustments to be power, but I can live w/o that.

As far as lane departure and adaptive cruise control, I can't stand either one. Our Highlander has all those nannies and they drive me crazy. Forget to signal for a lane change or offramp, it's beeping at you and trying to take the wheel from you. Adaptive cruise may be ok on long open stretches of highways, but let someone pull out in front of you or slow down to turn off, and it can almost be dangerous at times. I'd just as soon remain at my constant speed and change lanes. It might slow you down to 50 on the interstate rather quickly to where it becomes harder to change lanes and pass, or then floors the damn thing to try and get back up to speed. Thankfully, you can just bypass it by holding the on button for a couple seconds and have normal cruise control, at least on the Toyota. I'm not sure how it works on the Mustang.
The Mustang lane keep is noiseless and nonintrusive. I barely remember/notice it’s even there, very slight pull on the wheel if you actually slip out of your lane - there are three sensitivity settings. In regards to the Recaros, he’s getting 401a, which means leather. The one test drive I did that had Recaro seats felt like I was sitting on a rock, but I am comparing the premium leather seats vs premium leather Recaro seats, it’s certainly possible that cloth vs cloth has the Recaro being better/softer seats.

OP
OP

Kicker56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
401a
PP2 w/Magneride
Active Exhaust

A lot of good info here. I don’t like recaros, I prefer the leather seats so all set there, I’m not a fan of the adaptive cruise.

OP
OP

Kicker56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Question why get PP1 with magneride, when it comes standard on PP2? You then get better wheels and looks for only $800 extra?

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Since you have a Raptor I'm curious why you're not considering a '19 GT-350. I know you said that you'll never take it to a track, but the Raptor is the ultimate F-150 so why not have the GT-350 to go with it?!

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question why get PP1 with magneride, when it comes standard on PP2? You then get better wheels and looks for only $800 extra?
The Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires on the PP2 are basically street-legal racing tires with poor daily driving capabilities (conpared to the Pilot Sports 4S on the PP1) due to thin tread and the fact that every little rock is going to stick to them. The suspension is also tuned differently on the PP2, more “harsh” compared to the PP1. The PP2 also does not allow for the new A10 transmission.

Last edited:

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I love the lane assist and adaptive CC. With the electronic steering you can feel the lane. It never pulls on you. It just feels like the tires hit a track of some sorts.

I always use my turn signal though. :)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
kicker, while the mag ride is a great addition I wonder sometimes if it makes that much difference for folks like us that want a nice riding weekend, nice weather driver. The bride didn't opt for it on her '18 GT premium Vert, and the car is a great ride, smooth and quiet. I suggest if possible drive one without to see is it's suitable. If it is, like Spork said, look to the safe & smart package for the money you saved. I am really impressed at how the system set up correctly (aid only with no beeps, buzzers, or chimes) is non intrusive, and just goes about it's business. In my little mind the blind spot, and cross traffic detectors are the best thing since sliced bread. Of course this is just my opinion, and we know what they say about opinions. :) Whichever way you go you're gonna love the car I assure you.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Play car...skip the GT and wait for the new GT 500 would be my opinion. Or if you need now...go get a new fully loaded Bullitt. Color is beyond sexy