Sponsored

Group Buy: DCTMS Carbon Fiber/Leather RS550 Steering Wheel

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Installed my wheel today. Haven’t taken it out yet but it has met all expectations!
B9AAEE11-D6F1-41AC-BEF5-2957299D3C37.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If I would have known they were in Santa Clara then I would have just stopped by to pick it up and save them the shipping.

Good news is that it did arrive today via a round trip thru Redding. The steering wheels looks great! I got it with the dark blue stitching. Not dark blue like Kona Blue but more of closer match to the blue stripes (which is the look I was going for).

So now I just need a car to go around the steering wheel. Hopefully Ford with schedule it for production soon!

Thanks for arranging the group buy. :thumbsup: Replacing the stock steering wheel with this full leather one will be one of my first tasks.
Even better news that it got delivered. If you could post a few pics for the guys interested in the dark blue. Yours is one if he first built with that color, and honestly I am interested in seeing it myself.
Installed my wheel today. Haven’t taken it out yet but it has met all expectations!
Yes! The wheel looks great installed too!
I also would be interested in the next group buy.

Carbon fiber with blue stitching.
I will keep you posted brother

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Even better news that it got delivered. If you could post a few pics for the guys interested in the dark blue. Yours is one of the first built with that color, and honestly I am interested in seeing it myself.
Pics below. Second one shows the colour of the stitching better. Love the colour. Looks great. I have a few items with blue highlights (shift knob, license plate frame, tire valve caps). Plus, of course, the blue stripes down the middle of the car. So it creates a nice theme.

Note that the cat helper is not much help.
steering wheel 1 - small.jpg
steering wheel 2 - small.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Pics below. Second one shows the colour of the stitching better. Love the colour. Looks great. I have a few items with blue highlights (shift knob, license plate frame, tire valve caps). Plus, of course, the blue stripes down the middle of the car. So it creates a nice theme.

Note that the cat helper is not much help.
I am no scientist, but it appears the steering wheel is a ***** magnet :shrug:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Got mine yesterday. Quality is top notch. I switched from carbon to all leather, couldnt be happier.

Sponsored

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Thanks for all the members that have posted pics of their wheels. The first time I saw a DCTMS wheel was in South Florida at a local meet. A member with a a Nissan GTR and another with a 370 both had them so I was pretty stoked when Terrance proposed the group buy for the Mustang6g group. Pretty sure the wait was worth it for everyone and looking forward to getting my wheel soon. Keep the posts and pics coming as I’m living vicariously through those that have already received and installed theirs.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Took it out today and very happy with the wheel. Really like the thicker diameter and contouring. Definitely like the extra flat area across the bottom. This is purely personal but one observation is that the 3 and 9 areas on the trailing edge of the grip facing the driver are a little too sharp and would likely be a bit nicer with a more blunted shape. This is a small thing and I’ll get accostomed to it in no time. Think it is great overall and how could we go wrong for the group buy price. Many thanks again for setting this up!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A little something from @tj_lowstang on the gram....
2BEAC0D8-2E77-43BC-B027-842D4CE69019.jpeg

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Finally got a chance to get mine installed.
Here's some pics I took late last night, hopefully I can get some better ones before the sun goes down some time this week.
IMG_5049.jpg
IMG_5050.jpg

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
Finally got a chance to get mine installed.
Here's some pics I took late last night, hopefully I can get some better ones before the sun goes down some time this week.
How did the install go? Pretty straightforward? I’ve watched the videos posted and seems like a 45 mom job (for me)....

Sponsored

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How did the install go? Pretty straightforward? I’ve watched the videos posted and seems like a 45 mom job (for me)....
It was actually pretty quick and easy. Only took me about 30-40 mins and half that time was getting and putting away tools.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad to see many of you are happily getting these installed. We have a few additional steering wheels available at the group buy price. Still awaiting a final ETA on the carbon gray/leather wheels, and those gentleman have first dibs on these. If you are interested send me a PM, with your choice and these will be available Thursday. Want to give those awaiting enough time to respond.

Carbon/Leather
Red stitching/white ring - 3
White stitching/white ring - 1

All Leather
Yellow stitching - 5
Blue stitching - 3
White stitching - 1
Red stitching - 3
Gray stitching- 1

Last edited:

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Before I forget, is normal leather cleaner and conditioner okay to use on these?
Just wanting to make sure there isn't anything I should watch out for before my usual weekend cleaning.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Before I forget, is normal leather cleaner and conditioner okay to use on these?
Just wanting to make sure there isn't anything I should watch out for before my usual weekend cleaning.
These are real leather, so as long as your cleaner/conditioner are meant for that you should be good
Sponsored