Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Buttons get here tomorrow (thanks David), and fingers crossed the non heated SCCM gets here Thursday!
Let us know if they do.. my are still on backorder.

The SCCMJR3Z-3F791-JA has not ETA of resupply with Tasca, it was also on backorder with the local Ford Dealer. I didn't ask if there was a ETA of supply with them.

Tasca is saying resupply date of 3/21/18 for part # JR3Z-3F791-HA now, just received email from them few minutes ago.

Hopefully eventually these parts will start coming in.. and we all can make this swap.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Buttons I know will be here tomorrow :p Thats because db252 sent me his extras. I have another set on order which are dated for release 3/4 I think. My dealer said either 3/4 or 3/14 for the -JA SCCM. I can't remember. I'll ask when they call me next. With any of the like 8 parts I have on order right now.

There was one more non heated sw SCCM assy at my regional ford parts depot which means if you don't want a heated sw you should be able to get one. If I'm lucky I'll have it tomorrow too.

I do want a heated SW but I'm not going to do it until the fall (once david and ray get theirs working and have done all the hard work heh).

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
There was one more non heated sw SCCM assy at my regional ford parts depot which means if you don't want a heated sw you should be able to get one. If I'm lucky I'll have it tomorrow too.
Just sent you a pm..

ezekielchariot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT PP RHD
If the part number for the bezel/panel is JR3Z-63044D70-BA would the part number for a RHD Australian/NZ Mustang be just a simple difference to the last part of the part number, the "BA" would be something close?
I have tried various combos on fordparts but cant find it, also our export VINs don't help.
Perhaps I have to wait until our own parts guys can look it up.

Also hoping for Kilometers that the cluster is JR3Z10849MB

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The cluster is the right part number for a kilometers display vehicle with a manual transmission.

As far as the housing, i haven’t found that for your RHD model yet. There is a -AA that goes with that part number and is the only other option which may be for a RHD Mustang. Ask your parts guys about that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Order the cluster this morning.

Got email asking:

"Thank you so much for supplying your vehicle's VIN & mileage. I do need to know the reason for replacing the cluster as well.

Once I have that, I can proceed w/the order, as long as the cluster is available.

Thank you!
Joy"

I just responded that I was replacing/modifying my 2017 Mustang to have the New 2018 digital gauges.

Hopefully no issues.. I guess they are checking to make sure you are not tring to roll the odometer back I guess.

I have literally 368.3 miles on my 2017 Mustang.. lol.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Tasca asks everyone this. My response was the same being modifying a 2016 dash and I provided them with my mileage.
Order status is showing on hold.. hopefully it will change once they receive my email response.

Excited to start this mod.

Called this morning, zero (0) stock... on part number *JA

So guess I am still waiting, unless we think the auto wiper SCCM will work with a base 17 GT Mustang?

Didn't check to see if was in stock or not.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So guess I am still waiting, unless we think the auto wiper SCCM will work with a base 17 GT Mustang?

Didn't check to see if was in stock or not.
I've thought more about the auto wiper one. It *may* work but you also may lose the intermittent feature of your wipers. May go back to the 80's style where wipers were either ON or OFF. We may just have to be patient on this one...

Got my buttons thismorning. Of course nothing works right without the new SCCM but they look nice!

Edit: It's also possible that with the auto wipers it defaults to the normal variable wipers if it can't connect to the rain sensor. The only difference in that case would be an "A" on the stalk. I don't actually know though.

Last edited:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Turns out the new buttons broke my cruise control. I had to put the OEM left side upper buttons back in to get cruise to work. Will just have to wait on the SCCM.

Called the dealer just now and he said that the SCCM housing assembly is on its way from a warehouse and should be here by Friday at the latest. WOOOO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Turns out the new buttons broke my cruise control. I had to put the OEM left side upper buttons back in to get cruise to work. Will just have to wait on the SCCM.

Called the dealer just now and he said that the SCCM housing assembly is on its way from a warehouse and should be here by Friday at the latest. WOOOO.
Did you order the *HA or *JA part?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did you order the *HA or *JA part?
Both, but I the JA part is what I ordered on Monday. When I ordered it he said it showed there were 2 at the warehouse but no actual ETA on delivery. Then when I called today he said it was on the way.

I cancelled my order for the HA part. I'll get that later this year when I decide to do the heated steering wheel.

One note - if I can find the SCCM ONLY p/n I believe you DO NOT need to get the entire housing. The housing is required for the clockspring for the heated steering wheel. I'm going to try to just replace my SCCM and see if that works. If it doesn't then I'm wrong and you need the entire clockspring assy.

EDIT: Looks like Ford may only sell the entire assembly. In that case it doesn't matter wether swapping the SCCM works or not. I honestly don't even know if I can swap it.

Last edited:

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok wanted to get some info out for those dealing with the JR3Z-3F791-HA (Steering Column Housing Assembly with SCCM) part. The heated wheels are on backorder status as those have ordered know. What isn’t backordered is the non heated versions. I’ve listed the part numbers below. If you are 100% sure you are not going for the heated wheel, you do not need to order the HA or LA part version and most likely want one of the others and can proceed with this project.

HA is with heated wheel and with variable wipers. Backordered.

LA is with heated wheel, with lane departure and with auto wipers. Backordered

KA is without heated wheel, with lane departure, with auto wipers. Not backordered.

JA is without heated wheel and with variable wipers. Not backordered.

AA is with auto wipers and without lane departure. Nothing mentioned about heated or not heated wheel. Not backordered.

There is a DA but I can’t get info on that one.

None of the column SCCM units have anything to do with auto brights as it isn’t in the reference notes so this part is most likely not responsible for loosing the brights icon in the dash (brights with headlights still work normally) and is probably asbuilt related.

So again, if you know you don’t want a heated wheel and all the extra parts/costs associated with that, you can probably get your sccm much quicker. If there is a possibility that you may want the heated wheel, stay with the one of the heated versions you ordered or will order.
Thanks very much JR3Z-3F791-AA just arrived today very fast!! :D

Although now i'm wondering what kind of wipers I have variable or auto.... anyone know what he premium gt comes with?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks very much JR3Z-3F791-AA just arrived today very fast!! :D

Although now i'm wondering what kind of wipers I have variable or auto.... anyone know what he premium gt comes with?
Premium GT has variable wipers. You have auto wipers IF you have adaptive cruise. I think you will be OK running the auto wipers you may try disabling them in as built data if you get an error in the IPC.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP