OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Keep us posted!
it just arrived today and i changed it , but i still can hear the funny noise out of it and the mpg hasent changed , how long it takes for it to causes any effect , as well as can you still hear the pup pup pup when u remove the tube connected to it ?

thanks
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
it just arrived today and i changed it , but i still can hear the funny noise out of it and the mpg hasent changed , how long it takes for it to causes any effect , as well as can you still hear the pup pup pup when u remove the tube connected to it ?

thanks
I didn't hear any sound whenever I removed the tube. Also, It should take effect a soon as you replaced it. Try to disconnect it and drive like that for a few miles/day. I unplugged mine for 2-3 days before to receive the part. Right now I have another issue as well. I'm loosing power from time to time and if I floor it I'll see my gas gauge going down and it smells pretty bad. I'm sure my cats are clogged but I don't have a CEL to show it at the stealership... I'm out of Warranty but all Mustang comes with 80K warranty on the Cats. I might just go Catless and tune the car to disable the rear O2. I'll see...

PS: It could also be the 2nd EVAP sensor with that charcoal box under the car.

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
I didn't hear any sound whenever I removed the tube. Also, It should take effect a soon as you replaced it. Try to disconnect it and drive like that for a few miles/day. I unplugged mine for 2-3 days before to receive the part. Right now I have another issue as well. I'm loosing power from time to time and if I floor it I'll see my gas gauge going down and it smells pretty bad. I'm sure my cats are clogged but I don't have a CEL to show it at the stealership... I'm out of Warranty but all Mustang comes with 80K warranty on the Cats. I might just go Catless and tune the car to disable the rear O2. I'll see...

PS: It could also be the 2nd EVAP sensor with that charcoal box under the car.
u know when im connecting the obd reader it keeps fuel trims at -5 or so for long term trims i dont know if ur geting the same ,

the evap as i said when i remove the tube it makes this rapid opening and closing thing of it hens the pub pub pub sound so urs dosent do that at all ? have u tried ?

my brother car had its cats clogged and they did some chemical washing of it , it would work for sometime you could try it seems to work ,

do u know where is this second evap thing ?

thanks alot :cheers:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
u know when im connecting the obd reader it keeps fuel trims at -5 or so for long term trims i dont know if ur geting the same ,

the evap as i said when i remove the tube it makes this rapid opening and closing thing of it hens the pub pub pub sound so urs dosent do that at all ? have u tried ?

my brother car had its cats clogged and they did some chemical washing of it , it would work for sometime you could try it seems to work ,

do u know where is this second evap thing ?

thanks alot :cheers:
For the fuel trim I will have to check it out with my OBD. I'll report to you back once I'll check. For the 2nd evap (It's not really an evap) it's the canister where the charcoal is but it has a sensor/valve kinda thing. Also, when I replaced my EVAP I noticed that when I put my pinky inside the hole to clean it up I had some carbon deposit (I'm assuming coming from that Charcoal canister thingy). Follow the pipe that's connected to the EVAP. It seems to be near the driver side tire.

I have to jack my car up pretty soon once the weather clears out here. I need to check on my cats. I might just remove them and put a test pipe for a few weeks and see if that would fix my problem. If it does then I will have to shop for new cats but if it doesn't I'll just clamp back my cats on it and keep diagnosing my car. By then, if you still didn't find the canister I'll try to snap a picture for you when I'll go under my car. Best of luck and keep me posted! :cheers:

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
For the fuel trim I will have to check it out with my OBD. I'll report to you back once I'll check. For the 2nd evap (It's not really an evap) it's the canister where the charcoal is but it has a sensor/valve kinda thing. Also, when I replaced my EVAP I noticed that when I put my pinky inside the hole to clean it up I had some carbon deposit (I'm assuming coming from that Charcoal canister thingy). Follow the pipe that's connected to the EVAP. It seems to be near the driver side tire.

I have to jack my car up pretty soon once the weather clears out here. I need to check on my cats. I might just remove them and put a test pipe for a few weeks and see if that would fix my problem. If it does then I will have to shop for new cats but if it doesn't I'll just clamp back my cats on it and keep diagnosing my car. By then, if you still didn't find the canister I'll try to snap a picture for you when I'll go under my car. Best of luck and keep me posted! :cheers:
yeah please let me know about the trims , yeah i already realized where is the canister after u just told me , seen it trying to follow the line to e vap , also can u temm me what is ur air\fuel ratio at idle , thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
hi all again , im still having the problem , i have changed my spark plugs hoping it would help but nothing change so thats why im resurfacing this topic looking for some advice please , finding a mechanic whom knows their way around this car , where i live is not easy this forum is what little hope i have so please share your knowledge

things that ive done :

changing spark plugs
changing evap solenoid

then i restarted the odometer to 0 filled up the car drove around for about
77 miles then i filled up the car again and it took about 6 gallons :doh:

here is some odb readings

at 4000 rpm

IMG_20180417_231141_897.jpg

at idle after letting the pedal go after the 4000 rpm part

20180416_142205.jpg

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
hi all again , im still having the problem , i have changed my spark plugs hoping it would help but nothing change so thats why im resurfacing this topic looking for some advice please , finding a mechanic whom knows their way around this car , where i live is not easy this forum is what little hope i have so please share your knowledge
Maybe try the v6 subforum on here? https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Just an idea, that's where all the v6 fanatics hang out ;)

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert