Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I installed a set of switchback LED turn signals recently, love the new lights, quickly got tired of the hyper-flashing indicator in the car. Santa brought me an OBDLink MX and I got Forscan installed and licensed. Today I tried my hand with Forscan and got the hyper-flashing turn signal indicator turned off.

727-27-01
Before: x1xx xxxx xxxx
After: x0xx xxxx xxxx

I found the info here: S550 Guru - Disable signal hyperflashing and can confirm it turns off hyper-flashing on my 2017 GT premium. Someone else posted this link earlier but I couldn't find the post to thank them.

Forscan is an interesting tool, I plan on playing with it some more in the future. To all the pioneers who blazed the trail, a big hat tip....
S550 Guru shows it as 726-27-01
I was just over there checking it out.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It is 726-27-01, I guess he miss-typed it.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Have a issue I am tring to figure out.

I have 17 Mustang GT and I swaped the base head unit out to the Sync 3 with Navigation.

I for the life of me can't get the Navigation Icon moving in the right direction. It is tracking completely backward from the direction I am traveling. If I am heading north the Icon goes that way, but like I am traveling backwards. It also shows the opposite direction in the gauge cluster, if going North it shows South and so forth.

I have done all the ForScan codes, enabled Drive Mods, fixed the toggles, etc.. all seems to work, except the Nav moving in the right direction on the screen. If I could somehow flip the icon or tell the system I am not backing.. it would work perfect.

I also swaped the GPS antenna out once, thinking it might have been a bad antenna.. Nope still tracking backwards.

Also tired Master reset, pulling the neg cable off the battery for 10 minutes.. no luck.

There has to be something I am missing?

You need to program your APIM to match your transmission (AT or MT)
Best way to do it is to get a VIN which matches your car specs and flash the whole APIM asbuilt

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=33419]Sherrodmustang[/MENTION] IF AT set 7D0-01-02 to XX8X XXXX XXXX or if MT set to XX9X XXXX XXXX or XXBX XXXX XXXX. Though idk whats different between 9 and B. One may be start-stop which your mustang doesn't support already.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get a datasheet from Ford that says what bit sets what? If you put a hex A there it sets it as Auto with start stop.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Anyone know what line number in the APIM to change the Sync3 theme? Not that start-up screen but the theme for all the menus.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone know what line number in the APIM to change the Sync3 theme? Not that start-up screen but the theme for all the menus.
7D0-03-01 XXXX X*XX XXXX

0 = ford classic, 1 = ford timeless, 2 = lincoln timeless, 3 = lincoln next, 4 = ford blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 XXXX XDXX XXXX). Not all these will necessarily work.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
7D0-03-01 XXXX X*XX XXXX

0 = ford classic, 1 = ford timeless, 2 = lincoln timeless, 3 = lincoln next, 4 = ford blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 XXXX XDXX XXXX). Not all these will necessarily work.
Freaking awesome! I will work on them.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Freaking awesome! I will work on them.
If for some reason you want the Lincoln themes you also have to set set 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx. Though the splash screen (7D0-02-01 XXXX X*XX) can be whatever you want for the Lincoln theme. Only the Ford GT one cares about the splash screen.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I set it to the GT one. Wow that looks so much better. I get the GT on the start up, a nice blue background theme, and then the chrome pony on shutdown.

So much better.

Thanks

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Rock on! I am torn on if I like the blue GT one or not. I haven't decided yet.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Rock on! I am torn on if I like the blue GT one or not. I haven't decided yet.
That white with the blue just annoyed the shit out of me.

I need to try the others.

I am assuming Ford classic is the white and blue?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes, but I don't know if its actually any different. The Lincoln themes are brown and white.
Sponsored