11secls1

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Did Frankenstein give you any predictions on what to expect? Has it been tuned yet for the new heads?
Its really a best guess at this point. I don't think the heads will really shine until we get supporting mods added. We are going to do a back to back with a JLT intake after we baseline the heads.

I am hoping for 30-35 wheel HP pickup with no other mods.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That would actually be pretty decent. What I could possibly see happening too is losing some PEAK torque but the overall torque curve being much more favorable. Maybe getting closer to Coyote levels of low end and not dipping as hard after 7000. I could be smoking something too though.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't even think about low-end torque - it doesn't matter. If you're driving the car in even a mediocre spirited fashion, the RPMs never dip that low through any gear except starting in first. I drove mine tonight and anything beyond the most leisurely acceleration had the RPMs @4k for every shift.

If the ported heads raised peak, I'd be interested. The question is always - did you have to tune it to "take advantage" of the ported heads and how much of the improvement was the tune? I guess you could tune it the best you could, stock hardware and then do it again after the ported heads go on...

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
In for results. I was told about 30 rwhp from some cleaned up Voodoo heads as well. If it shows true with your testing, I am going this route in a year or so. Question, was the stock intake port matched to the heads?

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
From what I understand, the heads are already pretty good. I can get mine ported for $1k so it is a minimal investment to me. 30rwhp for $1k? I'll take it. Options very limited to make power and stay naturally aspirated in this thing...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not to be a debbie downer but id be pissed if 400+ cfm heads "only" made 30whp gains.....
For heads on a completely stock motor, that's not bad at all. Remember that the top end out of all things is dependent on every tiny detail. So changing one probably means you need to change another. Maybe heads will give 30 RWHP, maybe new cams will give 40RWHP. Put them together though with the right valvetrain support and then you yield 90RWHP. Hypothetically of course.
Sponsored