Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
I wanted to create this thread for people that purchased the Vargas Stage 2 to post up reviews, drag times, spool info, any issues and anything else related to this turbo. Mine should be here next week and I'm excited to get it installed and tuned. I am hoping for 120 to 125mph trap speeds on E85.
Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Damn good luck to you sir. I will be creeping.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Mine is on and Adam is on Rev 3 tuning it. My setup is different, I have a good shortblock and a nice ported head.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sneaking up on it, till I get the convertor in the car its not gonna ET like the Stock turbo does the way Lund had the car tuned. Ran a 12.16 last night at 120 mph though, so its definitely showing promise.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
This morning it was 46 degrees out, at that temp, I ran very lean starting at 4,400 rpm. Guess I'll be doing some sort of Aux. fueling setup now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Sneaking up on it, till I get the convertor in the car its not gonna ET like the Stock turbo does the way Lund had the car tuned. Ran a 12.16 last night at 120 mph though, so its definitely showing promise.
Nice mph, is lund still tuning this new setup?

OP
OP

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it build any boost off the line? Are you on drag radials or street tires?

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
I wanted to create this thread for people that purchased the Vargas Stage 2 to post up reviews, drag times, spool info, any issues and anything else related to this turbo. Mine should be here next week and I'm excited to get it installed and tuned. I am hoping for 120 to 125mph trap speeds on E85.
Perfweld ran 120mph...so your goal should be easily acomplished!!!!

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Does it build any boost off the line? Are you on drag radials or street tires?
It only gets about 5 psi sitting leaning as hard as I can on the convertor. Im on Drag Radials.

Nice mph, is lund still tuning this new setup? Absolutely !!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine will be here today as well. I already started tearing into it a little bit last night. I also switched out my MAP intercooler for my ATM. It looks pretty straight forward. I ordered new gaskets from Ford, so I should be all set. I emailed Adam this morning for a base tune.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
how long did it take to install and any I need to lookout for? I am getting mine today.
I drain my coolant before I take me oil lines off so coolant dosent get into the oil return. There is a weight / vibration dampener on top of the motor mount, take that off as well, the turbo comes out easier. Take your turbo oil return bolt out after you get your intake tube out, its easier to get to it from the front / underneath / the turbo, use a 1/4" ratchet with a 8mm socket with no extension. Its a simple install, ive had my turbo on / off many times though, takes me about an hour to R&R. If you take your time it will take no more than 3 hours for the whole job.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
120 MPH! That's like 504hp @ 3785 lbs, Awesome man!

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I drain my coolant before I take me oil lines off so coolant dosent get into the oil return. There is a weight / vibration dampener on top of the motor mount, take that off as well, the turbo comes out easier. Take your turbo oil return bolt out after you get your intake tube out, its easier to get to it from the front / underneath / the turbo, use a 1/4" ratchet with a 8mm socket with no extension. Its a simple install, ive had my turbo on / off many times though, takes me about an hour to R&R. If you take your time it will take no more than 3 hours for the whole job.
Thanks, I didnt know we have to drain the coolant and oil line. I thought it just unbolt and replace lol. Ill take my time with this. Ill have to order a new set of gasket. Thanks bro

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks, I didnt know we have to drain the coolant and oil line. I thought it just unbolt and replace lol. Ill take my time with this. Ill have to order a new set of gasket. Thanks bro
Get a cement mixing tub from home depot, jack up the car about 3 or 4 inches on the passenger side so you can get the drain pan under the car. I have had my turbo on / off many many times, still have the stock gaskets, you dont need to replace them unless you really want to. Its an easy job, take your time, and always double check yourself.
Sponsored