OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I just sent my log files over to Whipple. Using Flare to log doesn't give Will everything he asked for, but hopefully it'll still work. Some PIDS were notably missing - like the ones for cam position.

Hopefully Saturday we will all know more when the Ford engineer sees them...

John
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I just sent my log files over to Whipple. Using Flare to log doesn't give Will everything he asked for, but hopefully it'll still work. Some PIDS were notably missing - like the ones for cam position.

Hopefully Saturday we will all know more when the Ford engineer sees them...

John
Can I see a copy of yours to compare to mine?

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
You realize there are 28 runtime maps depending on the running conditions that are being seen. It switches between the maps actively while your driving. If it starts interpolating to a map that has not been modified you will see issues.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I just installed a new Motorcraft MAF just to test. I will try to drive when the ice melts of the roads.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
You realize there are 28 runtime maps depending on the running conditions that are being seen. It switches between the maps actively while your driving. If it starts interpolating to a map that has not been modified you will see issues.
understood but that is kind of the Whipple advantage. They dont do like other tuners and modify the stock tune they start from scratch with a blank tune and a Ford Engineer writes it from scratch so I would hope there are no unmodified tables as they would be blank.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just a thought here. From what I see the car should idle at about 650 just like stock. Mine idles at 800RPM. I had an issue in the beginning with the Throttle body and they sent me a replacement TB that was fully assembled with the electronics. What if the magnet was slightly out of position causing my higher than expected idle and causing the TB to be slightly more open than the ECU thinks it is at cruising causing more air to enter and the fuel trims to go high to compensate?

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
Pretty sure the idle is set to 800 in the Whipple tune

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So two of us sent log files to Whipple as requested by this thread. The Ford engineer was supposed to review them and see what's what. I sent mine last week and haven't heard anything back...

No answer from Whipple... This is exactly where I ended up that spawned me to write the OP...

John

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
So two of us sent log files to Whipple as requested by this thread. The Ford engineer was supposed to review them and see what's what. I sent mine last week and haven't heard anything back...

No answer from Whipple... This is exactly where I ended up that spawned me to write the OP...

John
Dustin emailed me last night and I understand things happen but he is on it.

From Dustin

This weekend was crazy, but I’m sitting here now with our engineer and reviewing the data. I’ll have more info for you tomorrow. Didn’t want you to think I forgot.

Idle is higher than stock but 800 is slightly more. Higher TP values will certainly cause some issues, but this wouldn’t have anything to do with fueling, only airflow/torque delivery.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have also procured an older SCT X3. It will work in pass-through mode and let me use the SCT Livelink software to datalog. This has a long list of pids you can select to log and maybe it will give better insight than the limited number of PIDs in the Whipple beta software. Downside. IT IS SNOWING LIKE CRAZY HERE so it will be a couple days before I can run it down the road.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

From Dustin

This weekend was crazy, but I’m sitting here now with our engineer and reviewing the data. I’ll have more info for you tomorrow. Didn’t want you to think I forgot.

Idle is higher than stock but 800 is slightly more. Higher TP values will certainly cause some issues, but this wouldn’t have anything to do with fueling, only airflow/torque delivery.
Ah. I sent mine to Jeff Tiller and tech@whipple...

John

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

From Dustin

Mine seems to idle at 800 as well...

John

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I am seeing if a friend can bring a professional smoke tester over. I have done it twice with the cigar method and found nothing. I have also removed everything except the IC and reinstalled double checking all seals and found nothing. My Idle trims are within a reasonable range and my WOT are ok, a little high but ok. It is just cruising that they go way up in the 20s for LTFT mainly bank 1 is 22-25 bank 2 is 17-20.