Sponsored

Evaporator went out

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11,000 miles on my 2015 GT and the AC stopped working. It put a white film all over the inside of my windshield. I could swear I was getting headaches when it was happening. No AC in Florida... Ford refused to pay for the expense of a loaner while they are waiting on the part on back order. According to the dealer they have had a bunch coming in with this problem. I asked if the new evaporator is any different and they said no...... They are going to have to rip apart the dash to do it. Anyone else go through this?
Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
11,000 miles on my 2015 GT and the AC stopped working. It put a white film all over the inside of my windshield. I could swear I was getting headaches when it was happening. No AC in Florida... Ford refused to pay for the expense of a loaner while they are waiting on the part on back order. According to the dealer they have had a bunch coming in with this problem. I asked if the new evaporator is any different and they said no...... They are going to have to rip apart the dash to do it. Anyone else go through this?

Yep. Just last week same issue ac quit working in the south fla heat was brutal. Dealer knew right away what it was and said it might be a couple of weeks while the part is on bacIk order...i'm sure I could of got a loaner out of them but I have another vehicle to drive..it only took 3 days, they found a evaporator and quickly and had me back in my car. Yes the dash had to be ripped apart and developed a slight buzz but I was able to pinpoint and fix it myself with a swift punch..lol:headbonk:

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
Welcome to the club! Mine has been sitting at the dealer 35 days now. Another one with the same problem joined it last week! Of course it's been past two promised dates of when they said they would have the part. Neither I nor the parts manager can get a straight answer out of Ford!

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Yep. Within the Houston S550s group we've had like 6-9 cars (maybe more I've lost track) that have gone down with the same issue, including my car. I waited a little over a month for that part to come in. The repair itself takes a whole morning/afternoon, but the longest part was waiting for that one part to come in.

When I was speaking with my service advisor, he was saying he has seen a lot of 2015-2016 S550s come through around 12-18k miles with leaking evap cores.

Unfortunately, it seems like this is one of those first model year quirks/issue. I told myself I'd never buy another first model year car again, but it was too hard to resist the S550 over the S197 lol. :cool:

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Great so now we have this to look forward too.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Any chance the part has a revised number, or are they installing the same bad design?

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Any chance the part has a revised number, or are they installing the same bad design?
No idea! I just have the part number. It's FR3Z 19850 N.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The 11-14s has a similar issue with their ac, but the ac would quit around 30-40k. Itll be interesting to see if my 17 has this happen

Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
I'm beginning to wonder how I got my car back so quick. I wonder if they just pulled the part from another car in service from their lot or what. Mine was down for 3 days

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Day 40!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Interesting. My 2016 just started blowing warm air out of the drivers side, and cool(er) air out the passenger side (but only after 15+ minutes on 'MAX AC'). I'm taking it to the dealer today. I have about 11k on the clock as well.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. My 2016 just started blowing warm air out of the drivers side, and cool(er) air out the passenger side (but only after 15+ minutes on 'MAX AC'). I'm taking it to the dealer today. I have about 11k on the clock as well.
You may have the same problem.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm beginning to wonder how I got my car back so quick. I wonder if they just pulled the part from another car in service from their lot or what. Mine was down for 3 days
Lucky you! You just went on my sh!t list. Jk
Sponsored