• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
All those say 800+ smoking some good stuff. Lay off that pipe cause it won't happen.
Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Whenever and wherever its revealed I, too, really hope they reveal at least the HP number at the same time. Whilst the GT500 won't be a one-trick pony, the HP number WILL be important.

One thing worth noting......there's a member of several GT350/GT500 Facebook pages who has proven to have very reliable information in the past.....he's indicated that it WILL appear in the "New Year", but not to expect it at Detroit or New York, reminding us that the GT350 was revealed at a "separate event", albeit one just the day before the LA Show. Make of that what you will.
I saw those Facebook posts too. Looks like you and I know the same source!

I agree about it being revealed at a separate event. After all, the 2018 Mustang GT was revealed at a farmer’s market in California.

The waiting game continues...

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Whenever and wherever its revealed I, too, really hope they reveal at least the HP number at the same time. Whilst the GT500 won't be a one-trick pony, the HP number WILL be important.

One thing worth noting......there's a member of several GT350/GT500 Facebook pages who has proven to have very reliable information in the past.....he's indicated that it WILL appear in the "New Year", but not to expect it at Detroit or New York, reminding us that the GT350 was revealed at a "separate event", albeit one just the day before the LA Show. Make of that what you will.
Yeah, I seen a post from a fella that knows when it's going to be unveiled and he too said not the NAIAS. Hopefully it's not too far into 2018. I suppose Ford still in the process of development/emissions.
Bmac knows what the thing is being tested at, it sounds like over 800 HP. What I'm afraid of is that it won't pass emissions at the mark.

Not sure how emissions compliance works? Do off road emissions apply? I would think they do, but not certain.
Say, the street tune HP is 750 HP with the green key. Red key is for track/strip and it opens the tune for 800HP.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I seen a post from a fella that knows when it's going to be unveiled and he too said not the NAIAS. Hopefully it's not too far into 2018. I suppose Ford still in the process of development/emissions.
Bmac knows what the thing is being tested at, it sounds like over 800 HP. What I'm afraid of is that it won't pass emissions at the mark.

Not sure how emissions compliance works? Do off road emissions apply? I would think they do, but not certain.
Say, the street tune HP is 750 HP with the green key. Red key is for track/strip and it opens the tube for 800HP.
On-road emissions. It's done similar to fuel economy. Emissions over a test cycle need to meet averages and have peak not to exceed (NTE) limits. The cycle represents mixes of highway, city and idle time.

Alternative keys can be categorized as AECDs (auxiliary emissions control device), depending on how they operate. Anything that changes emissions controls has to be submitted to the EPA and CARB for approval as an AECD. Most AECDs are software based and do not have any direct user input.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
How about a GT500 Kalifornia Special, consisting of a 1.5 cylinder w/15HP.
It has a reverse supercharger that actually pumps oxygen back from under the hood instead of into the engine.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It has a reverse supercharger that actually pumps oxygen back from under the hood instead of into the engine.
With solar panels all over its 7x20 roof so that when you dock at the charge station you replenish IT with 500,000 MAH.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Just sitting here thinking how epic it would be to get one over 800HP. Skip the 700's entirely and just go to 800. This could be the last chance at a gas only Street OEM mustang with 800+HP. Next one most surely will be a hybrid. Not saying its performance wont be spectacular, but this very well may be my last mustang I purchase. I may get one of the hybrids with AWD just to experience the mind blowing street acceleration, but It probably wont stay in garage for any long term, if I do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
[MENTION=13387]Go Time[/MENTION]
How about an honest vote :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The poll numbers look to favor the Easter egg shot of the dash. The 2018 , 5.0L dash shot varied in actual ouput by 5hp, but that was in a direct injected engine. This gt500, so far doesn’t look to be direct injection. Not saying it couldn’t make more power fairly easy but I wouldn’t necessarily expect an increase from the Easter egg of 755hp .

I like how the 776 to 825HP votes are very high, considering, and am still hoping for a miracle, we get a 800+ car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The poll numbers look to favor the Easter egg shot of the dash. The 2018 , 5.0L dash shot varied in actual ouput by 5hp, but that was in a direct injected engine. This gt500, so far doesn’t look to be direct injection. Not saying it couldn’t make more power fairly easy but I wouldn’t necessarily expect an increase from the Easter egg of 755hp .

I like how the 776 to 825HP votes are very high, considering, and am still hoping for a miracle, we get a 800+ car.
GT being near whatever was on the dash is a nice coincidence. They just needed to best the LT1 output.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Is this a hint that they will try to best the demon on pump gas?:)
Or possibly just the hellcat, or ZR1?
Sponsored