Remote starter with smart phone

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
I was on the phone a while back with a Ford Rep and was told an add on was available for the 2015 Pony to be able to start etc. with an iphone. Last week I checked at the dealer and they had just received the info on the plug and play box with an app for the phone. Has anyone on here bought one or has anyone knowledge about one? My dealer to date has not additional info ,or price,etc. Thax much, Jack
Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
This may not answer your question if you are looking for one through FORD but with a DRONE system you can remote start your car from anywhere in the word, track your car and many other things.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Remember - n/a for a MT. 'Just sayin'.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I have DEI's SmartStart on my 2017.... i am a installer so it was very simple for me to install...

DRONE is used with Idatalink or Compustar.....

Remote start is capable on Manuals but it really isnt that cheap and is NOT for the average person to install.... It takes more parts. They make remote starts that are compatible with manuals so that way there is no way to leave them in gear and the remote start activate.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but I hope this will be seen as a relevant & related contribution...

I am not an installer, but I posted on an installer's forum over a year ago re: the remstart issue on my MT S550. It was/is no surprise that the issue is surrounded with controversy and misinformation (and more than a little hysteria, IMO) But a couple of gents who know their stuff observed that -- since the bypass module guys (idatalink & fortin) have not yet released a bypass module -- the installation becomes problematic and more expensive. And I'm told that to do it right requires a higher level of expertise, which contributes to the previous issues. Further, the day-to-day use of the system demands a little more fuss -- which I am okay with -- but which turns off a lot of owners.

Would the OP please jump in here with some additional details? Is your ride a MT? Have you learned anything else about your question/situation?

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I can start both my 2017 F150 and 2017 GT with the FordPass app on my iPhone.
Sponsored