Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Just read thru all 26 pages lol.

I’m really considering just buying this as I think the larger screen without volume/tune knobs looks cleaner. It appears like the zoomed backup cam issue is fixed with a new module. Plus if the seller is willing to lower the price to 355.99, that’s pretty cheap.

One a uestion that I’m not sure about is does your phone connect via Bluetooth and stream music clearly? I always use pandora one on my iPhone 7 in the car. It connects quickly and sounds good on the factory system. Also can anyone post a pic of the actual nav screen? Thanks for the leg work fellas!
It streams fine if you can get the 2G ram version I recommend it
Sponsored

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me if any of the Alpine 8" units will fit/work with either of the available dash kits?

I'm leaning toward going with the Metra..

Other than the Tesla unit or its' horizontal counterpart (neither of which I care for) I haven't seen anyone using anything bigger than a 7" screen....

I currently have the premium package with the 8" screen and REALLY don't won't to go down in screen size for my aftermarket stereo setup.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
If you have time to wait, we are working on trying to get an 8" android unit here. They already have it back in China and are working on the revisions we want. It's the only one I've seen with android 7 os...not saying they're not out there, I just haven't seen them. Take a look at this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92019

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
I have this unit and i love it, do you know the user settings password? Or developer settings password. I can get into the additional setting screen with "123456" password but not the others any luck?

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Growing tired of how slow the tesla unit is...... is this unit faster? Whats the best price for it with the fixed cam zoom issue, etc?

Sponsored

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone help me figure out if this or any other 8" Alpine unit will fit with the Metra dash kit??

Alpine INE-Z928HD 8" NAV/DVD Player

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't fit this thread, but if it is a double DIN no reason it shouldn't fit. If you want a guarantee on that, contact Metra or Alpine directly because most people on here are running custom units instead of Metra or Scosche.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Growing tired of how slow the tesla unit is...... is this unit faster? Whats the best price for it with the fixed cam zoom issue, etc?

That 8" unit 5.0_SD mentioned is supposed to be quite nimble.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Yes this one is much faster....very close to factory.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My 1G is faster than the tesla I had. Its still a little sluggish in google maps at the start but its acceptable. They addressed the zoom issue with a new canbus module. I do not know if they come with it by default now.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
which one exactly do you have? the 8 or the 10"?
I have the cheap TomTop but a friend has the 2G 10" and it is smooth enough. I plan on upgrading to it also very soon.

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nagare, could you elaborate on this:

"most people on here are running custom units instead of Metra or Scosche"

Thanks.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
So it looks like they don’t want to sell the unit for the cheaper price of $355.99 anymore and have since raised the price by $50 to $505. I really like the unit, but that’s kinda pricey...
C421B6FA-150B-4692-B1A8-264A0BC87F85.png

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Nagare, could you elaborate on this:

"most people on here are running custom units instead of Metra or Scosche"

Thanks.
I think he means things like the the Tesla unit, the 10.2" android, Tom Top, 8" Android w/ OS version 7 instead of 6 like most of the Androids, etc...NOT Alpine, Kenwood, etc with Metra/Scoche
[MENTION=28654]Nagare[/MENTION] can clarify if he desires.
Sponsored