Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What can I say. I'm an asshole. :lol:

I May have went slightly overboard with that one though.
Naw. That was a good one.:lol:
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
11.83@119mph

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
You mean like those that take their cars down the 1/4 mile with complete ignorance that it won't be covered under their insurance if anything happens?
Yes ... and No.

If a person doesn't wreck their car making an occasional pass, nothing's changed mechanically on the car.

Vary from the car's stock configuration and have something go wrong, and they can pretty much always tell.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yes ... and No.

If a person doesn't wreck their car making an occasional pass, nothing's changed mechanically on the car.

Vary from the car's stock configuration and have something go wrong, and they can pretty much always tell.
You apparently have not heard about insurance companies visiting the track and taking down plate numbers...and subsequently canceling their insurance.

And you can't control the person you're racing against. I was never concerned about myself driving down the 1/4 mile. I was always concerned however with the person in the adjacent lane.

With that said, how many engine failures have you read about in here from having a tune, intake or headers?

My point was, you take a calculated risk with both...however...the concurrence at the track are MUCH more severe, yet no-one thinks twice about it.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
You apparently have not heard about insurance companies visiting the track and taking down plate numbers...and subsequently canceling their insurance.

And you can't control the person you're racing against. I was never concerned about myself driving down the 1/4 mile. I was always concerned however with the person in the adjacent lane.

With that said, how many engine failures have you read about in here from having a tune, intake or headers?

My point was, you take a calculated risk with both...however...the concurrence at the track are MUCH more severe, yet no-one thinks twice about it.
Don't believe everything you "hear".

Think it through. If insurance companies were actually doing that, there would be threads a million miles long on every forum on the net about it. But there isn't, because it's not happening.

Perhaps if a specific individual bragged to their local agent about racing, or if they've had multiple claims from a person that were suspicious in nature or expensive, maybe. Otherwise, it doesn't add up.

And being unable to control the person next to you at the strip isn't germane to the question.

My point was that if you raced without incident (as is the case with 99.999% of most people), then you're still ok as it regards warranty. But if you physically mod the car, dealers can tell and therefore have the opportunity to shaft you if they want.

Just common sense ...

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Don't believe everything you "hear".

Think it through. If insurance companies were actually doing that, there would be threads a million miles long on every forum on the net about it. But there isn't, because it's not happening.

Perhaps if a specific individual bragged to their local agent about racing, or if they've had multiple claims from a person that were suspicious in nature or expensive, maybe. Otherwise, it doesn't add up.

And being unable to control the person next to you at the strip isn't germane to the question.

My point was that if you raced without incident (as is the case with 99.999% of most people), then you're still ok as it regards warranty. But if you physically mod the car, dealers can tell and therefore have the opportunity to shaft you if they want.

Just common sense ...
There ARE threads in every forum about this very subject. It happens all the time, agents visit tracks and drop people from their policy. Geico is one of the more common offenders.

I understand what you're trying to say, but again...the consequences are completely different in what were talking about. A new short-block is $2k and is a weekend endeavor in your garage. An accident at the track is at best trip to the body-shop and a new paint job....and a car that will never be the same. And again, people are overly concerned about somehow voiding a warranty that they will likely never need and do not think twice about the consequences of a bad trip to the track.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
There ARE threads in every forum about this very subject. It happens all the time, agents visit tracks and drop people from their policy. Geico is one of the more common offenders.

I understand what you're trying to say, but again...the consequences are completely different in what were talking about. A new short-block is $2k and is a weekend endeavor in your garage. An accident at the track is at best trip to the body-shop and a new paint job....and a car that will never be the same. And again, people are overly concerned about somehow voiding a warranty that they will likely never need and do not think twice about the consequences of a bad trip to the track.
There ARE thousands of Mustang owners who race their cars who report nothing of insurance representatives being at the track.

As a result, this reeks of "conspiracy theory" level thinking to me.

And there is no need to jump into discussions of bad trips to the track, as they are, thankfully, extremely rare.

I don't agree your suppositions have any validity. Guess we'll just have to leave it at that ...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
God bless you if you read 16 pages of this shit lol

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Insurance agent here.

A. Have you ever given insurance your license plate number? Because they don't require it. Even when you pull MVR on a driver it doesn't bring up plate numbers anywhere.

B. The way most underwriting guidelines are written isn't that they will cancel your insurance if you race your car, just that the car isn't covered while on the track.

I had a meeting some years back with the regional VP of a very large insurance company, one I was insured with. She saw a picture of my car in my office and asked if I raced it. I sort of changed the conversation and all she said was "I just want you to remember that our new underwriting guidelines don't offer coverage while a car is on the race track for any reason." I told her I was already aware because I had emailed my underwriter maybe a month before that and asked if there was any coverage for "high performance driving" but not racing, and I got the exact same reply.

Companies would spend an absolute fortune sending people out to dig around checking VINs and running them through their system. Not to mention, what do you do if you find a customer who has been with you for 20+ years and never had a ticket or filed a claim? What if they have 4 different lines that you cover?

I guess I can only speak for my companies that I represent, but it makes a lot more sense to do a case by case basis. IF there is an accident, and the adjuster doesn't believe the story is consistent with the damages, they will begin to dig around on social media, or contacting local tracks for recent participants and see if they can find any evidence that the car was wrecked on track. At that point they still may not non-renew the policy, just refuse to pay for the damages.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I've not seen insurance agents on the tracks..but I have seen local dealership reps doing so, making note of VIN's and owners names so that they're flagged in their system as being a raced car.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Myth or not, you should always pull your plates and tape up the VIN in the parking lot before you even enter the track.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Myth or not, you should always pull your plates and tape up the VIN in the parking lot before you even enter the track.
I usually just use painters tape on everything and stay with the car. I catch anyone nose in around. I tell am to beat it. Just as a precaution.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I usually just use painters tape on everything and stay with the car. I catch anyone nose in around. I tell am to beat it. Just as a precaution.
I thought you dragged an older 4th gen Mustang? For some reason I was thinking it wasn't street legal anyway. However, I may have just made that up in my questionable mush that is a brain. lol
Sponsored