700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So my car was at Whipple the past week and I just picked it up today after getting some much needed Whipple goodies on the car. I have one of the first Whipple kits before there were stages and still had the open "air box" as many of you know. I had them install the enclosed air box with [MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] sound tube mod and the whine is insane! It was also time I got on the OPG/TS train and had them install the TSS ones. I only had the ATI dampener so it was much needed. I had a leak in the crank seal, which I am assuming was from when it was previously opened to install the ATI, but Will took care of that for me as well.

I also had them install the High flow intercooler pump and new IC tank. Couple that with their new heat exchanger and I am a happy customer. On the drive home today in 90 degree heat and LA traffic my temps were not bad at all. Highest I hit was 210 CHT and 125 IAT. My temps were at 184-198 while cruising and IAT was about 4 degrees above ambient the whole time. Before this I was about 10-15 degrees higher than ambient while cruising.

I also just made the switch to Aces IV and they did some testing with it for me while it was there. I will make the results public soon. All in all I am very pleased and just wanted to share some of this with you guys.

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Very nice. Anxiously awaiting the Aces results. I mentioned this stuff on a Boss 302 forum since I heard good things about it here. Only one guy had experience with it, and he wasn't impressed:

That ACES IV stuff is absolute junk. I had read about it and was looking for something better than TORCO, called the owner up, he explained all kinds of stuff and sounded convincing. I couldn't understand half of what he was telling me. Big words and mumbo jumbo. I ordered some, $100 for a little bottle. Added the recommended amount. Good thing for knock sensors, the car pulled 4 degrees timing. GARBAGE. Added more, same result. Went back to TORCO! Be aware of the ACES stuff. Just my results boys and girls.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I'm interested to know the results about the aces as well.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Anxiously awaiting the Aces results. I mentioned this stuff on a Boss 302 forum since I heard good things about it here. Only one guy had experience with it, and he wasn't impressed:
I'm interested to know the results about the aces as well.
I switched to BND's Quantum Blue oil as well so I am curious to see if it's as good as advertised. Oil should look the same at 10k as it does now. It should be a few weeks before I have concrete results from the Aces testing. Still have some more testing to do and I will be out of town so slow going. I will definitely let everyone know, especially since the auto and manual Whipple tunes are different so the results will be different.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
It's always a great day when you get additional Whipple goodies installed :cheers: Great to hear the new goodies helped lower your temps and looking forward to hearing the results on the fuel additive :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Mike, nice to see you got VIP treatment at Whipple, you really got some great upgrades there for sure. Glad you like my supercharger sound tube mod my friend, keep her screaming:headbang:

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Good choices brother. :cheers:

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Very nice can't wait for performance results. How did you get a black heat exchanger?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I wondering how he got the Whipple in red at the bottom:thumbsup:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
looks great

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice can't wait for performance results. How did you get a black heat exchanger?
I wondering how he got the Whipple in red at the bottom:thumbsup:
Thanks gents. So the heat exchangers are black for production, although I got one of the few bare aluminum ones, which are slightly different and slightly more money and had them powder coat it. I also requested they put "Whipple" in red on the bottom. Maybe I started a trend, who knows. :shrug:
Sponsored