Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
From Ford Performance

Ben:

I don’t know if the updated files are on our server yet. I will find out from the software guys the current status.

When they are available, all you’ll have to do is with your ProCal 3 software, plug back into the car, input your original voucher, download the updated tune, and re-program the car.

Stay tuned.

Mike Goodwin
Supervisor Ford Performance Information Center
Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Mike is one of the good guys we have to thank for this revised tune...

From Ford Performance

Ben:

I don’t know if the updated files are on our server yet. I will find out from the software guys the current status.

When they are available, all you’ll have to do is with your ProCal 3 software, plug back into the car, input your original voucher, download the updated tune, and re-program the car.

Stay tuned.

Mike Goodwin
Supervisor Ford Performance Information Center

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Revised tunes? I'm on the go so cant check previous post, got an email notification and the headline caught my eye. If someone could link me to the way to get the updated tune it would be much appreciated! I'm stoked!

Sponsored

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed my revised PP2 tune. Cold engine rev-hang is history!
That's what I like to hear! Man, I'm going to try and hit them up again next week. I just can't wait to get a revised tune. Should be no reason for them to deny me a working tune.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
IMG_0519.jpg

Dyno'd my car today -- PP3

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
Nice! Is that what you were expecting?

I need to do that too.
Pretty much. My numbers are not quite as high as the numbers LMR showed in their video, but I did get a baseline dyno before installation and I gained around 40hp.

There were some issues during the baseline run. The dyno operator did the pulls in 4th gear and the tires were slipping on the dyno, resulting in low torque numbers, but the peak horsepower was about 379. Because the baseline was in 4th, the peak hp number might be a bit lower than what we would have gotten in 5th (the post mod runs were done in 5th). Since LMRs car made about 395 hp before and 432 after, I would say that may gains were as good or better than theirs. I'm assuming that the difference in power between my car and theirs is primarily dyno related, but I am running 91 octane.

One issue we the post mod runs is that the car didn't want to rev any higher than 7100 rpm in 5th. The dyno operator thought it might be a speed limiter set at 150mph. Its possible that the power might have been a bit higher if he could have gone all the way to 7500.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Incase everyone with PP2 was wanting to get in on the "test" recalibration for PP2, we're out of luck. Seems like the lucky few who have gotten it now are the designated guinea pigs and the rest of us will have to wait for the official release. It might just be me but it feels like these guys are getting pretty annoyed by us but that's what happens when you release something with issues. Quote from the chat below:

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.

"Ray says:
Hello Jacques M. My name is Ray how can I help you?

Jacques M says:
Hello Ray. I was talking to some guys on the Mustang6G forum who have gotten a test tune for the PP@ to recalibrate some of the issues we have all been seeing and I was hoping to get one as well for myself as it has seemed to remedy those problems for those guys.
Jacques M says:
PP2*
Ray says:
We are not*

Jacques M says:
You are not giving out a recalibration? How have several people received them?
Ray says:
We are not giving out anymore. They have enough testers. Again it will only be a couple weeks until a new release is out

Jacques M says:
Ah okay. So an official release is coming soon?
Ray says:
Yes

Jacques M says:
Thanks so much Ray. I appreciate your time.
Ray says:
You are welcome
"

Last edited:

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Maybe those of us who are designated testers can help speed up the release by providing positive feedback to FP. Personally, I have nothing bad to say about the re-calibration. It fixed both issues I had and didn't add any problems. Well done FP.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Maybe those of us who are designated testers can help speed up the release by providing positive feedback to FP.
Personally, I have nothing bad to say about the re-calibration. It fixed both issues I had and didn't add any problems. Well done FP.
Done and done. :cheers::thumbsup:

Hopefully that'll speed up the process to get it out to others.
Sponsored