Ford to cut 10% of its salaried employees

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
"...reflected the slow sales of small cars."

You mean a Fiesta and Focus with a transmission that would befit a Chrysler product, given how unreliable it is? Got it.

How about Ford does what Toyota does so well and makes simple engines and simple transmissions in simple cars that are in turn very reliable and also works to improve the dealership service experience so that people do not have to put up absolute wars to get their car fixed properly? Tough paying for direct injection/turbo car repairs, huh?

Problem solved.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ford's lost some 30% of it's profits from 2014 to now. Not making hard choices and cutting things is what brought the big three to the very edge of ruin in the lead up to 2008.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-cut-10-percent-salaried-workers-north-america-asia/

Sorry but this is shameful just to increase profits. This attitude right here makes me want to dump both my ford vehicles.
A lot of that going around. Boeing has been cutting engineers left and right. It's incredibly short-sided (see what happened to Chrysler when they lost tons of experienced engineers during the DaimlerChrysler years). This knee-jerk reaction will probably come back to haunt them.

More importantly, I don't think companies should make layoffs unless absolutely necessary (firing people who deserve it, notwithstanding). These are peoples' lives and I'm sick of corporate America not giving a shit about actual human beings. But hey, what can you do?
:shrug:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Things are going to get interesting now that vehicle sales aren't booming like they were.....

And I personally think FCA is the most vulnerable of all.

Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Things are going to get interesting now that vehicle sales aren't booming like they were.....

And I personally think FCA is the most vulnerable of all.
I absolutely agree. They've been living off of trucks and musclecars, the latter of which probably isn't sustainable. I don't have anything against Chargers, Challengers & 300s, but man that is an old platform. Then you look at the Chrysler lineup. Outside of the aging 300 and the Pacifica minivan (which - to their credit - I have read is a great minivan) they have nothing now that the 200 has been discontinued. How can a sub-brand survive with only 2 vehicles? (And it's the parent company's namesake, at that). Add in the fact that the death of the Dart means FCA has no compact cars for the American market outside the 500 which is a very small, niche vehicle and the future looks dismal for FCA.

I hope that they have a lot of great vehicles in the pipeline, or I could see a future where the Chrysler part of FCA dies and the most valuable assets (such as Jeep and Ram trucks) are sold off.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I absolutely agree. They've been living off of trucks and musclecars, the latter of which probably isn't sustainable. I don't have anything against Chargers, Challengers & 300s, but man that is an old platform. Then you look at the Chrysler lineup. Outside of the aging 300 and the Pacifica minivan (which - to their credit - I have read is a great minivan) they have nothing now that the 200 has been discontinued. How can a sub-brand survive with only 2 vehicles? (And it's the parent company's namesake, at that). Add in the fact that the death of the Dart means FCA has no compact cars for the American market outside the 500 which is a very small, niche vehicle and the future looks dismal for FCA.

I hope that they have a lot of great vehicles in the pipeline, or I could see a future where the Chrysler part of FCA dies and the most valuable assets (such as Jeep and Ram trucks) are sold off.
Exactly.

On the bold, I see exactly that happening since trucks and Jeeps are really what's keeping the doors open, and that show isn't going to last forever. All it will take is another gas crunch to flip them over. Jeep is the single giant cash cow of FCA which makes it the crown jewel, and the vultures will want that above all.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
They get a new CEO - might as well call him the hatchet man. This is usually the trend of all businesses.
Sponsored