Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yeah I was thinking about doing the same but the dealer wants me to sigh the contract, but I don't want to sigh the contract until the Official Spec for the car.
Is anyone else signing anything?

Thanks
Dont sign, be patient :)
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Walked into the dealer yesterday to ask about the price for lightning, magneride and recaros (manual). 79k, won't be buying from city ford again let's put it that way.

Might make my way to a few other dealers on the weekend, but probably wait until later in the year when I can get a deal on a demo/cancelled order etc. Have to stop modding the current one now, wish me luck

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Dont sign, be patient :)
While I agree to not sign if you're not ready you can put your own conditions on the contract. I do it all the time. Just make sure it's on all copies and both sign clearly agreeing to it. So you could say something like contract subject to buyers approval following release of final vehicle specs etc.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Walked into the dealer yesterday to ask about the price for lightning, magneride and recaros (manual). 79k,
That looks like about $3k above RRP drive away pricing. I suppose thats not suprising given how early in the sales cycle it is.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Hello all. Wanted to share my journey so far. I've been dealing with a dealer in Vic since late last year regarding the new model. When pricing was announced Monday morning they gave me a rang with the prices. So far been offered $69375 drive away for GT manual in white. Magneride comes at $2750 not including stamp duty. Have been told delivery of July/August.

Is this in line with what everyone else is experiencing?

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello all. Wanted to share my journey so far. I've been dealing with a dealer in Vic since late last year regarding the new model. When pricing was announced Monday morning they gave me a rang with the prices. So far been offered $69375 drive away for GT manual in white. Magneride comes at $2750 not including stamp duty. Have been told delivery of July/August.

Is this in line with what everyone else is experiencing?
From my previous calcs that give you dealer delivery of approx 3k which i think is ok? Others seemed to have indicated dealer delivery of $2k is more appropriate which puts it at $68.5k drive away for a great price

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
From my previous calcs that give you dealer delivery of approx 3k which i think is ok? Others seemed to have indicated dealer delivery of $2k is more appropriate which puts it at $68.5k drive away for a great price
Actually if you go back to page 6 the Ford dealer guy said $69.5k was RRP including a $2k dealer delivery charge. So its spot on retail -which is better than anyone else seems to be getting offered.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
People expecting good discounts on MY18 at this stage are being a bit unrealistic. Ford is silly. But not that silly. Let MY18s hit the dealers and see what happens. A bit of suck and see. MY18 isn't the novelty "must have car" that the MY16 was, 2years ago. No rush to order one, I would have thought. In particular if you already have a MY16/17.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well, pricing at this stage seems to be somewhat of a clusterfuck.

Some greedy dealers appear to be taking the piss.

I seem to remember that most of us early adopters paid RRP (or close to) but rarely overs (I do recall a young guy over in WA getting ripped quite badly, however).

The only real negotiable component was the dealer delivery charge. Less options were available then, of course, which made the calculations more transparent and LCT only affected a minority.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well, pricing at this stage seems to be somewhat of a clusterfuck.

Some greedy dealers appear to be taking the piss.

I seem to remember that most of us early adopters paid RRP (or close to) but rarely overs (I do recall a young guy over in WA getting ripped quite badly, however).

The only real negotiable component was the dealer delivery charge. Less options were available then, of course, which made the calculations more transparent and LCT only affected a minority.
Being an early adaptor, i signed early 2015 and got a real cheap D/D and avoided the Nov15 price rise which pushed the vert up by about $3k on road. MY18 is a different ball game, with it being "only" an upgrade and having $10k worth of option's to play with as well. Interesting to see if dealers have ordered the right colour/option combo's when they land. Could be some orphan car's going cheap.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I do remember buyers getting looked after by Clancy Ford at Bathurst last time around (pretty sure their going rate for dealer delivery was $995 or thereabouts).

Might be worth a call for any prospective MY18 owners in NSW..

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
People expecting good discounts on MY18 at this stage are being a bit unrealistic. Ford is silly. But not that silly. Let MY18s hit the dealers and see what happens. A bit of suck and see. MY18 isn't the novelty "must have car" that the MY16 was, 2years ago. No rush to order one, I would have thought. In particular if you already have a MY16/17.
It's not unrealistic at all, I now know of three people with heavy discounts $4-6k. If your dealer isn't offering a discount or saying that no one is giving discounts then vote with your feet.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
It's not unrealistic at all, I now know of three people with heavy discounts $4-6k. If your dealer isn't offering a discount or saying that no one is giving discounts then vote with your feet.
If that's the case, there must be a lot of non allocated/sold cars, coming already. Mmmm Although I would't call $4-6K heavy on a $70-90K car, it's good start.

Last edited:

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Are you able to shed light on this ?

For e.g. the cheapest i have heard/seen is $69,999 for a no option Auto GT.

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I like the MY18 features but could not wait so have just ordered a MY17 GT convertible for $64K driveaway. This will do for a few yeasr and then hopefully get the latest model once prices have settled down.
Sponsored