Sponsored

MRR M350 vs SVE S350

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
So what is the difference here other than price? Both are flow formed and same design.

I track my car and want a 19x10 square set-up, and these are what I'm considering along with Project6gr's.

Anyone run these on track yet? Either set? Any danger you think in running the SVE's on track. I like the price, but makes me skeptical.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
SVE makes good wheels. They're both flowformed. To be honest they're probably made in the same factory. I wouldn't get too caught up in the name brand quality thing in this case. I haven't had the best experience with my mrr gf9 wheels to be honest. I'd get something different if I was to do it again.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not sure if it's the case with these specific wheels, but when I was comparing the SVE GT7 to the MMR M600 wheels, the SVE wheels require the smaller tuner lug nuts and smaller center caps. I'm not sure what the drawbacks could be other than replacing the center caps with something with a pony on them might be hard to find. Also wondering if there are any drawbacks to the smaller lugs.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Not sure if it's the case with these specific wheels, but when I was comparing the SVE GT7 to the MMR M600 wheels, the SVE wheels require the smaller tuner lug nuts and smaller center caps. I'm not sure what the drawbacks could be other than replacing the center caps with something with a pony on them might be hard to find. Also wondering if there are any drawbacks to the smaller lugs.
Not trying to tread jack, but the MRR M600 wheels also require the small tuner lugs. They do accept the OEM center caps though.

DarrenMRRWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Chad, can you explain your bad experience with your GF9's? You can post or you can email me [email protected]. Also.... have you contacted the vendor you purchased the wheels from or have you contacted us at MRR?
Let me know

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got the mrr 350 wheels 19x10 squared and no regrets. They fit perfectly. Oem center caps fit perfectly too. You do have to use smaller lug nuts, the oem's won't fit

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
SVE makes good wheels. They're both flowformed. To be honest they're probably made in the same factory. I wouldn't get too caught up in the name brand quality thing in this case. I haven't had the best experience with my mrr gf9 wheels to be honest. I'd get something different if I was to do it again.

Good info. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Not an issue for me, I already have the smaller black Acorn style lug nuts and have run them on track. No issues there.

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
SVE. For the price they can't be beat. 19x11 square, 305's all around.
Nice! Again, I've been looking at these for a while, just want to make sure they are ok for track use and see peoples experience with them :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to have someone confirm they are made in the same factory (or not).

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Prior to buying MRR M350 I tried to determine any identifiable differences. I found very little information.

What I can offer is MRR does have JLW and VIA certifications embossed on the hub. I'm not sure if SVE has that as I never found a good photo of the inside.

I think the inside of the spokes is a different design as well, maybe even a couple angles on the face (very minor). It's doubtful they are cast from the same molds with spoke differences.

JLW - Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard
VIA - Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan
IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3451.JPG

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Prior to buying MRR M350 I tried to determine any identifiable differences. I found very little information.

What I can offer is MRR does have JLW and VIA certifications embossed on the hub. I'm not sure if SVE has that as I never found a good photo of the inside.

I think the inside of the spokes is a different design as well, maybe even a couple angles on the face (very minor). It's doubtful they are cast from the same molds with spoke differences.

JLW - Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard
VIA - Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan

It would be nice to know what those stampings mean in regards to resistance to hoop stress or shear/tensile strength of the wheel at the lug. Almost like a material certification. You know? It'd be interesting to know those differences in the wheels. If we are talking 5-10% difference in strength, not worth double the price. If we are talking 20% or more difference in mechanical strength, ok, it might be worth it.

Still, that's good to know. I'll look those up. Not in a super rush, but it's gonna happen :headbang:
Sponsored