DW 415 Lph pump

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This pump doesn’t need a tune!!! Its plug and play...
He meant lund doesn't yet want to give the go ahead to run e85+boost on this pump. I inquired about it and they said they needed more data before green lighting an e85 tune using it.
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Stock pump is 290lph. If you are not going E85 a bap is good for 750ish on 93 using stock pump. Over 750 on E85 I personally would rather have a return system.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This pump doesn’t need a tune!!! Its plug and play...
Uh yes it does. Lund has already stated a stock pump has pressure drop to around 36-38psi at 7200 on 10psi and E85. And the only way this pump will work is if the pressure drop stays above 55psi at 7500. And they've already tested it on a n '18 and it still has trouble keeping up with 850rwhp WITH a BAP and DI in the loop.

If you used this pump you'd have to compensate with injectors if you were pushing it ( bad idea)...just my .02

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have the kits available as well

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/dw-9-403-1047.html

but, what lund is saying, is that no one is actually measuring f/p yet. just because a large injector is maintaing a/f, doesn't mean the f/p is not dropping.

few hundrew for pumps, few hundred for bap. i just don't understand why everyone is so scared to spend $ on fuel.

30-45k car, 8k in blower, 3-6k in other mods.
fuel system......spend as little as humanly possible.

seen this time and time again for years. we have quality full systems for 1295. i'll sell whatever guys want, but why play with fuel?

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
we have the kits available as well

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/dw-9-403-1047.html

but, what lund is saying, is that no one is actually measuring f/p yet. just because a large injector is maintaing a/f, doesn't mean the f/p is not dropping.

few hundrew for pumps, few hundred for bap. i just don't understand why everyone is so scared to spend $ on fuel.

30-45k car, 8k in blower, 3-6k in other mods.
fuel system......spend as little as humanly possible.

seen this time and time again for years. we have quality full systems for 1295. i'll sell whatever guys want, but why play with fuel?
My issue is I just installed my Whipple Gen3 Stage 2 and do not want to go aftermarket on the tune yet. Would this pump be a good idea for some security?

Also is there a good line to run as a rear crossover on the fuel rails to help balance the pressure?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your answer is here:

Is your Boosted S550 in need of an upgraded fuel pump? Do you need to switch over to E85 on your booseted S550?

The DW400 Direct Fit pump is the way to go for the mid range power levels where you don't quite need a full return style fuel system. These kits are easy to install if you are a DIY'er, we are even offering it as a direct drop in fuel pump assembly for those guys who want a no worries plug and play installation.

We have tested this setup in our 2018 Procharged Mustang GT up to 800RWHP on E85 with a Fuel Pump Voltage Booster.

In-tank is the ideal placement for high-performance fuel pumps; they are more reliable, less complicated, quieter, and more cost-effective than in any other location. The limiting factor has always been flow restrictions. At 415LPH, the DW400 is the highest flowing in-tank pump on the market and will support 1000hp (gas) and 750hp (e85). The release of the new fitment kits will make getting this pump into your tank easier than ever before. Furthermore, as a direct replacement for the OE pump the user can retain all the benefits of the OE fuel system including excellent low fuel level pick up, pump programmability through the OE pump controller, and retainment of all OE fuel lines.

These new fitment kits include the DW400 fuel pump plus everything needed for your specific application including hose, clamps, electrical harness, filter, and any other specialty part needed for installation. Additionally, step-by-step instructions are available for most applications.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running a stock fuel pump and a vortech bap @ 723/519 rwhp on pump 93 with no lean conditions. This pump is running at almost twice the flow of stock pump, it certainly cant hurt to replace the stock pump with a better one even if its just for insurance purposes. you can still switch over to e-85 with it as well!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
cars can be maintaining a/f and still have dangerously low f/p.

that is what you guys don't see in the logging, yes, a/f may be fine, but, fp is supposed to be 55ish psi. from what we have seen in the past, baps and e85 have shown fuel pressures as low as 28psi, the big injector works harder to keep up a/f, but your only a quick voltage glitch from dropping and not being able to maintain

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
cars can be maintaining a/f and still have dangerously low f/p.

that is what you guys don't see in the logging, yes, a/f may be fine, but, fp is supposed to be 55ish psi. from what we have seen in the past, baps and e85 have shown fuel pressures as low as 28psi, the big injector works harder to keep up a/f, but your only a quick voltage glitch from dropping and not being able to maintain
In your opinion Terry, is this a better solution than a BAP for those wanting to run 93 and say 700-750whp?

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Im with Terry on this one. I don't understand how people spend 10's of thousands on mods for their car but then try to skimp on fuel. If your doing e85 get a fuel return and be done with it.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im with Terry on this one. I don't understand how people spend 10's of thousands on mods for their car but then try to skimp on fuel. If your doing e85 get a fuel return and be done with it.
The problem is when you daily drive the car and the nearest e85 bowser is 300 miles away. :headbonk:
The struggle is real :frusty:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From my standpoint I'm sticking with gas only so this pump set up would be perfect for me. I know to get the max out of e-85 you go with a fore fuel system. I dont have to change anything with my car as i am now but whats $259 for a little added insurance?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Do you know what type of lines come with the pump. Are they safe for submersion in e85?
It comes with Convoluted PTFE fuel lines that are E85 safe for submersion.

Tuning is not needed if you stay on whatever fuel you run now.

The Fuel Pressure debate is being brought up about the stock pump, this is not a stock pump, nowhere near it. This has yet to be proven for this pump. From what we have heard and are seeing, a few guys are putting this to the test at the moment results should be out soon.

We have tested this in our '18 Car on E85 and FR Pressure stays steady throughout the pass at 850RWHP on the DI Side, the Di Pump taps out well before that in our case.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I read it and shake my head too...spend thousands on headers, intakes, exhaust, blower kits, wheels/tires, suspension and try to get by with bare minimum on fuel system. Everyone likes to save money, I get it, but fuel system isn’t the area to do it. Buy the Paxton kit and save cash, buy china headers and save, buy lightly used wheels and save, but buy a real multi pump return fuel system that your build goal requires.

Doesn’t make logical sense when having sufficient fuel is the only thing standing between a healthy or a torched motor.
Sponsored