Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
There's an instrument cluster removal video on youtube you can follow. A business made one that sells a different colored cluster. It's honestly not bad at all compared to other vehicles I've done requiring the whole dash to come off haha.
Can you share the link? Thanks.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I should probably take some more pictures and make that step a little bit more detailed. It really isn't hard at all to do. I just kind of guessed when I was doing it and it worked out pretty well. It really is hard to break stuff. I've though I've broken the dash plastic more then once but I actually didn't. I've had all that trim off at least 5 times now.
This would be much appreciated [MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION]. Removing the instrument panel trim pieces seems the hardest part for me, lol!

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I googled around and found this video: [ame]

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks both for the videos. [MENTION=33326]DallasEl[/MENTION] I have already replaced my steering wheel a couple of months ago, so fortunately I am familiar with this part of the process!

picture.jpg

Sponsored

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] old cluster looks good, few friends of mine are huge fans of analog.. and yours looks good..
[MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] & [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] your comments fixed my car. Although I still don't understand XXXX then * value change. I received checksum errors but don't get why. Maybe one day I'll get it but car is working perfectly now much appreciated.

Also I noticed my car was significantly faster right after install no config, seems similar in sport mode but the car just sort of breathed correctly when I didn't do a mod.

Last edited:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Checksum errors are normal. FORScan auto calculates the checksum its just letting you know you've changed something without changing the checksum. The point of the checksum is the module won't accept the change if the checksum isn't correct. When you change a value the checksum will change so you get the error.

You can manually calculate the checksum but theres no point when the program does it for you.

You must be high. Those San Francisco fumes. Lots of feces on the ground there. Was just there in January. The modes should be exactly the same in the PCM they just change the cluster view if you have that enabled.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @DallasEI, I still remain undecided whether I should switch to the digital cluster or not. To be honest, I really like the analog one a lot and I was reading somewhere that people in the US already started having issues with their digital clusters. Actually there is a recall from FORD and people have to wait a long time for the fix... However, if I can find someone in the US to have the parts sent to, in order to avoid high import taxes in Europe, I might do the swap, for the heck of it! If I don’t like it, then I will revert back to the analog cluster and will sell the parts.

By the way there is a very nice video on youtube that shows in every detail how to remove the steering wheel. It’s useful, especially if your car is an auto with paddle shifters.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] old cluster looks good, few friends of mine are huge fans of analog.. and yours looks good..
[MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] & [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] your comments fixed my car. Although I still don't understand XXXX then * value change. I received checksum errors but don't get why. Maybe one day I'll get it but car is working perfectly now much appreciated.

Also I noticed my car was significantly faster right after install no config, seems similar in sport mode but the car just sort of breathed correctly when I didn't do a mod.

#hope this is a safe place I'm a little drunk and high
I've noticed that the throttle response is dulled slightly in normal mode, while Sport+ and Track have sharper throttle response even compared to just the base car. Car definitely isnt any faster per se, but it does respond quicker if that makes any sense while in S+ or Track modes. The snow/wet mode sharply dulls down the throttle.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Let’s say I order an 18, 301, does that make this easier?

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Thanks @DallasEI, I still remain undecided whether I should switch to the digital cluster or not. To be honest, I really like the analog one a lot and I was reading somewhere that people in the US already started having issues with their digital clusters. Actually there is a recall from FORD and people have to wait a long time for the fix... However, if I can find someone in the US to have the parts sent to, in order to avoid high import taxes in Europe, I might do the swap, for the heck of it! If I don’t like it, then I will revert back to the analog cluster and will sell the parts.

By the way there is a very nice video on youtube that shows in every detail how to remove the steering wheel. It’s useful, especially if your car is an auto with paddle shifters.

That recall affects approximately 2500 cars if I'm not mistaken. And its really only for people that lack intelligence. The affected cars, if you shut the car off not in park, the indicator won't tell you that its not in park. It could potentially roll away on you. Heres an idea, don't be stupid.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've noticed that the throttle response is dulled slightly in normal mode, while Sport+ and Track have sharper throttle response even compared to just the base car. Car definitely isnt any faster per se, but it does respond quicker if that makes any sense while in S+ or Track modes. The snow/wet mode sharply dulls down the throttle.
The modes were the same with the old cluster though. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Let’s say I order an 18, 301, does that make this easier?
You mean 401A? Thats what you need to order to get the cluster. An 18 is slightly easier to install the cluster in then a 15-17

That recall affects approximately 2500 cars if I'm not mistaken. And its really only for people that lack intelligence. The affected cars, if you shut the car off not in park, the indicator won't tell you that its not in park. It could potentially roll away on you. Heres an idea, don't be stupid.
They already fixed it. They wouldn't ship a cluster without the new software. I don't think they can legally.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That’s not accurate. What I described is the dash going black while driving. There is a guy reporting having his car at he dealership for almost a month because of this issue. It seems that there are other people experiencing the same issue as well.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thats the first I've heard of that. All I saw was the PRNDM indicator issue.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a question for those who have the digital cluster AND an auto trans...

When letting the trans auto shift (NOT intervening and using the paddles), does the cluster display the gear # the trans is in UNTIL it makes the next auto shift?

Say the car is in the last gear, such as 6th gear (6R80) or 10th gear (10R80), does the digital display keep the gear # on the screen, so β€œ10” is displayed until the trans either auto downshifts or auto upshifts?
Sponsored