OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Live tuning is best tuning.
Its $1200 here to get a dyno tune (~$900 US), and I dont think there is a Cobb tuner where I am on the west coast of Australia so I can get a one off tune and if it gets wiped by the dealer I have to pay more to get it reflashed. As such 98% of the way there is better than 0, and 100x better than stock :)

I copped a speeding fine the other day trying to replicate the "correction" with a brisk take off.. luckily the guy was decent enough to drop it to the 10-20kph speed range so I only got $200 instead of $600 it would have been (my first speeding fine in 9 years hahha).

[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] I am running 98 octane fuel, and corrections were on 98 map (same fuel I always get from same station). The corrections have only happened a couple times and may have been false knocks or some such but will try and replicate so the expert can have a look and change.'

Running on 95 Map, things seem spot on though obviously lose a but of power. I'll sort it out when I find a safe place to do some testing :)
Sponsored

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP (Poverty Pack) 2.3T A/T
Its $1200 here to get a dyno tune (~$900 US), and I dont think there is a Cobb tuner where I am on the west coast of Australia so I can get a one off tune and if it gets wiped by the dealer I have to pay more to get it reflashed. As such 98% of the way there is better than 0, and 100x better than stock :)

I copped a speeding fine the other day trying to replicate the "correction" with a brisk take off.. luckily the guy was decent enough to drop it to the 10-20kph speed range so I only got $200 instead of $600 it would have been (my first speeding fine in 9 years hahha).

@MakStang I am running 98 octane fuel, and corrections were on 98 map (same fuel I always get from same station). The corrections have only happened a couple times and may have been false knocks or some such but will try and replicate so the expert can have a look and change.'

Running on 95 Map, things seem spot on though obviously lose a but of power. I'll sort it out when I find a safe place to do some testing :)
PD tuned. When are we hitting the motorplex for some 1/4?:thumbsup:

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running 98 octane fuel, and corrections were on 98 map (same fuel I always get from same station). The corrections have only happened a couple times and may have been false knocks or some such but will try and replicate so the expert can have a look and change.
Hey mate, are these neg corrections at 100% Accel Pedal Position on your datalog or are they just the highest reading on the AP display when you are driving? Not unusual to get neg corrections between gear changes etc. I'm using BP Ulimate 98 same servo for tuning process. OAR hits -1 within a couple of minutes of driving using higher gears and a little bit of load.

trippleyelo, avatar is just some random girl in an Oz bikini although my Mrs is blonde and a size 8:thumbsup: Also really happy with the PD tune. Only a couple of revisions to go.

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Hey mate, are these neg corrections at 100% Accel Pedal Position on your datalog or are they just the highest reading on the AP display when you are driving? Not unusual to get neg corrections between gear changes etc. I'm using BP Ulimate 98 same servo for tuning process. OAR hits -1 within a couple of minutes of driving using higher gears and a little bit of load.

trippleyelo, avatar is just some random girl in an Oz bikini although my Mrs is blonde and a size 8:thumbsup: Also really happy with the PD tune. Only a couple of revisions to go.
Yeah 100% accel pedal from a standing start or from rolling mid 2nd, but a whopping -6.x. I wasn't actively watching my cobb so only see the numbers after the pull. I see very very few neg corrections at all under normal/spirited driving on the 95 map, just WOT 98 map and as you say it may be during gear change.. I'll let Adam have a look at it when I get a chance to actually log it, but not fussed its xmas time.

My last 6 3rd gear pull were really good, only one had a minor correction during one of those which was nothing out of the norm.

I had issues with my AP as I had chragetemp up on the display (with 6x readouts) and was wondering why it kept crashing on me, but when i removed charge temp i can log again.

As for Motorplex, yeah should definitely do that. I just need to get the DV+ on there over the break and would rather Adam have a look at my maps when I get this correction mapped. From memory it was happening on cyl 1/3.

Is yours a Manual? EDIT: Saw its auto

PS> I did request a "safe" tune from Adam, didn't need to go to 100% especially as its my daily work car and I'd prefer not to spend 10k+ on a built engine to replace one i ecoboomy!
Also, you still getting the V8?

Sponsored

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah 100% accel pedal from a standing start or from rolling mid 2nd, but a whopping -6.x. I wasn't actively watching my cobb so only see the numbers after the pull. I see very very few neg corrections at all under normal/spirited driving on the 95 map, just WOT 98 map and as you say it may be during gear change.. I'll let Adam have a look at it when I get a chance to actually log it, but not fussed its xmas time.

My last 6 3rd gear pull were really good, only one had a minor correction during one of those which was nothing out of the norm.

I had issues with my AP as I had chragetemp up on the display (with 6x readouts) and was wondering why it kept crashing on me, but when i removed charge temp i can log again.

As for Motorplex, yeah should definitely do that. I just need to get the DV+ on there over the break and would rather Adam have a look at my maps when I get this correction mapped. From memory it was happening on cyl 1/3.

Is yours a Manual?
Nah Auto. I reckon your good to go. If you are keen we should hit the dyno for a power run/print out. Would be good to compare back to back. Only last thing I'm looking at is some charge pipes. My boost curve looks good so I'm not bothering with the DV+ yet. Sticking with the EB.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo

I like what he does too.

What whp. And torque on final

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Only last thing I'm looking at is some charge pipes. My boost curve looks good so I'm not bothering with the DV+ yet. Sticking with the EB.
I think I'm done with the DV+ (just good to hold more boost on the manual), would love to do more but with two young kids its hard to justify as everything from here gets expensive or makes very little difference.

As for sticking with the EB, I am sure your wallet is thanking you; with the MBRP Race it sounds "better", still not anything to brag about but better than a silent tin can. I must say, I wish these EB's sounded like the Subaru Boxer engines (well until they silenced them!).

Any ideas how much a dyno power run costs here? that is just a power run? I would be interested to see the numbers and at least when the boys pay out on me at the next outing I can whip out a picture :p

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any ideas how much a dyno power run costs here? that is just a power run? I would be interested to see the numbers and at least when the boys pay out on me at the next outing I can whip out a picture :p
Should be around $150 for the power run but we are living in the great state where a pint of beer cost $13 bucks and fuel is $7 bucks a gallon :frusty:

And yeah i cop crap from the HSV and FPV fan boys too. I just say nice family car fwit.:cool:

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Hey will 1 of you mates look up Rini Brugel of Lalor Park and give him a ride he is feeling down there days and needs a picking up ... also I neeed an Ute in me favorite color of RED shipped to Cali sp me and me mate Smurf can Race ..He is building 1 out of a Cruzen .

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey will 1 of you mates look up Rini Brugel of Lalor Park and give him a ride he is feeling down there days and needs a picking up ... also I neeed an Ute in me favorite color of RED shipped to Cali sp me and me mate Smurf can Race ..He is building 1 out of a Cruzen .
Wrong state bro. You want a bundy sticker on that uterus?:D

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
13 Quid

13 Quid for a pint of brew? You made my Christmas better lad, Cheers!
IMG_20171210_092047_535.jpg

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
And yeah i cop crap from the HSV and FPV fan boys too. I just say nice family car fwit.:cool:
Hehe, just remind them that the Ford GT has an ecoboost :p

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Wrong state bro. You want a bundy sticker on that uterus?:D
Are those uterus's really $ 144 k .....Dang .......that's a lot fer a grocery getting 6.2 L ...:cheers:
Sponsored