Sponsored

Right Rear Tail light goes out-

5oh chippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
Hello,

So I have a 2015 gt PP with installed diode Dynamics front switchbacks and marker bulbs. I remember seeing a post a long time ago that the DD switchbacks we're causing tail light issues. DD had sent me newer updated switchbacks but one of them went out and I have been experiencing right rear taillight issues again. I was seeing if anyone else is experiencing their tail light randomly going out. Usually I can get it to turn back on by turning the lights on and off. Brake lights and turn signals still work. Thanks guys
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
This happened to me when one of my front switchbacks fell out. Once I reconnected it no more issues with the rear light.

If your switchback is out/not working you'll probably have to replace it or reinstall the factory bulbs to resolve the issue.

OP
OP

5oh chippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
This happened to me when one of my front switchbacks fell out. Once I reconnected it no more issues with the rear light.

If your switchback is out/not working you'll probably have to replace it or reinstall the factory bulbs to resolve the issue.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks man.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
My far right tail light segment is intermittent. All stock components.
:shrug:
Sounds like the brake light LED or board itself is going bad then. Hopefully under warranty still as that is an expensive piece.

Wouldn't hurt to check connections though. Maybe a loose wire or bad connection.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Sounds like the brake light LED or board itself is going bad then. Hopefully under warranty still as that is an expensive piece.

Wouldn't hurt to check connections though. Maybe a loose wire or bad connection.
Where is that board located?

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Where is that board located?
The board is internal to the tail light assembly. If you are still under warranty, it will cover it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
There's no bulbs, it's all LED.

I'd say take a picture/video of it and then of your VIN in the same video so they cant deny it isn't really happening lol.
Sponsored