Considering picking up an 18 GT

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
All advices welcome really, no harm in that.

From a housing situation it isn’t ideal but I’m not in the career position to purchase property right now, has nothing to do with financial ability and more with needed flexibility to pickup and go in the next year or two. Yeah I could purchase and hold for that year or two but far too stressful of an endeavor to take at the moment, and I’d rather spend the stock I am exercising to make this cash purchase on something fun because I deserve it :)

Other than that, I do wish I could store her inside but short of somehow tying up some electrical to charge my Fusion outdoors, I’d still not want to park in close proximity to someone whos going to dent my doors.
Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Hmmm how about buying used and using the extra money to rent a garage at a storage place..you can pick it up on the weekends and it will stay nice and clean?

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Hmmm how about buying used and using the extra money to rent a garage at a storage place..you can pick it up on the weekends and it will stay nice and clean?
Hmm so this would be at one of those standard storage places? How much is something like that supposed to cost?

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Hmm so this would be at one of those standard storage places? How much is something like that supposed to cost?
I would think you could find one for 70 or 80 a month..even if it was 100 if I was in your situation I would find a low mileage car someone babied and then pick up a storage spot...

This way even in the snow you can go over there and polish it inside. Bit that's just me : )

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 will be outside. And I plan on getting PPF and CQuartz on it and my dad got our pine trees cut down so I don't have to worry about sap. I think it should be fine. Just don't park underneath pine trees.

I heard the 10 speed Auto is amazing I will know next month when I pick mine up.

Insurance quotes last for 2 weeks. I learned that on here. So I won't call Geico until about a couple days beforehand to get a quote.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Please excuse the bluntness that will immediately follow:

All of the people who have recently purchased a NEW 2018 Mustang GT are not exercising their brain space very well.

Why?

Because the 2018 Mustang GT is just another S550 Mustang. Is it "better" than the 2015-2017 model? Answer: YES

But a 2018 GT is not $20,000 better. No 'effing way!

There are people who have recenly purchased or whom are right now contemplating buying a NEW 2018 GT Premium with auto tranny, leather, Performance pack, Magna-ride, and improved, digital cluster, etcetera, at prices in the high $40K to low $50K.

This is insanity! Again, WHY you ask?

Simple really. There are a $h*t ton of used, low mileage 2015-2017 Mustang GT's for sale, in the high $20K to low, low, low $30K mark.

I just purchased a 2016 GT Premium with leather, auto, satnav, backup camera, 19" wheels, 12 speaker audio, etcetera; with less than 5K on the clock in the mid $20K mark.

Buy a 2015-2017 GT with a manual transmission. Take the $20K you saved in NOT buying a NEW 2018 GT, and buy 1. Ben Calimer T56 Magnum transmission, 2. VMP or Roush supercharger kit, 3. Kooks or Stainless Works LTH's and a axle-back of your choice, 4. full set of GT350 rotors and calipers front/rear, and lastly 5. Throw the entire Steeda catalogue at the suspension.

At then end of that process you'll have a wicked, wicked, wicked S550 Mustang GT that no fresh-off-the-lot 2018 GT will be able to touch in any way, shape or form; and you'll probably have a few thousand left over to completely piss away on a woman or something equally worthless!

But I could be wrong.....

Last edited:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

All of the people who have recently purchased a NEW 2018 Mustang GT are idiots! Yes, idiots.

Why?

Because the 2018 Mustang GT is just another S550 Mustang. Is it "better" than the 2015-2017 model? Answer: YES

Base Price 2018 Mustang GT is $36k.
In 2016 a Base Price Mustang GT was $32k

It all the add ons that drive the price up. :headbang:

Buying used is always gonna be cheaper but some guys (like me) don't want a used car.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Buying used is always gonna be cheaper but some guys (like me) don't want a used car.

And guys like me thank you very, very much, because peeps like you will take the huge depreciation hit and therefore make these wonderful cars much more affordable for peeps like me when they hit the used market in almost-new condition! :headbang:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

All of the people who have recently purchased a NEW 2018 Mustang GT are not exercising their brain space very well.

Why?

There are people who have recenly purchased or whom are right now contemplating buying a NEW 2018 GT Premium with auto tranny, leather, Performance pack, Magna-ride, and improved, digital cluster, etcetera, at prices in the high $40K to low $50K.

Simple really. There are a $h*t ton of used, low mileage 2015-2017 Mustang GT's for sale, in the high $20K to low, low, low $30K mark.

I just purchased a 2016 GT Premium with leather, auto, satnav, backup camera, 19" wheels, 12 speaker audio, etcetera; with less than 5K on the clock in the mid $20K mark.

Buy a 2015-2017 GT with a manual transmission. Take the $20K you saved in NOT buying a NEW 2018 GT, and buy 1. Ben Calimer T56 Magnum transmission, 2. VMP or Roush supercharger kit, 3. Kooks or Stainless Works LTH's and a axle-back of your choice, 4. full set of GT350 rotors and calipers front/rear, and lastly 5. Throw the entire Steeda catalogue at the suspension.

At then end of that process you'll have a wicked, wicked, wicked S550 Mustang GT that no fresh-off-the-lot 2018 GT will be able to touch in any way, shape or form; and you'll probably have a few thousand left over to completely piss away on a woman or something equally worthless!

So your solution to the more expensive, newer car is to buy the older, lesser car and spend the monetary difference on mods that void the warranty/introduce new problems/further depreciate the car?

Not everyone wants a modded to shit car.
powers.jpg

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

Why?

Seems like this belongs in the "butthurt" thread.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
And guys like me thank you very, very much, because peeps like you will take the huge depreciation hit and therefore make these wonderful cars much more affordable for peeps like me when they hit the used market in almost-new condition! :headbang:
Why did you waste all that money on an S550? Buy a Fox body for a couple grand and build a full race car for much less than that $45-50k

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
So your solution to the more expensive, newer car is to buy the older, lesser car and spend the monetary difference on mods that void the warranty/introduce new problems/further depreciate the car?

Not everyone wants a modded to shit car.
Good pt. But I just wanted a PP GT. A new ‘17 PP was still about $10k less than ‘18 bc of discounts. That’s a huge diff for basically the same car. Mine just happened to have all the mods in my sig when I bought it.

When you hate car payments and paying interest, the $10k smaller check is nice.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
my wild Mustang does fine in the elements, but winter is mild in NC

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Why did you waste all that money on an S550? Buy a Fox body for a couple grand and build a full race car for much less than that $45-50k
I see your fox body and raise you a pinto.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

Why?

1) Seems like your trying to justify the reason why YOU didn't buy an 18 not why others didn't.

2) If others make a decision contrary to the one you made it doesn't mean they are "Insane, Not exercising their brain space"

3) The person who posted above you is a woman so she could piss away the savings on a man as well.

4)"There are a $h*t ton of used, low mileage 2015-2017 Mustang GT's for sale, in the high $20K to low, low, low $30K mark."

A lot of people don't feel completely comfortable purchasing a used $33K 2016 with 22K miles when they could purchase a $45K new2018 that you can get with minimal need to MOD. At least for MOST but ,it seems, not your purposes.

5) Congrats on your Purchase, How much extra was the Etcetera Package? Is that like the Alcantara package on the 2018? ;)
Sponsored