Sponsored

Do you guys say hi to other S550 mustang owners on the road?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I've noticed that almost every single 5.0 owner will come along and say hi, check out each others car, wave, etc. And almost every single ecoboost completely ignores me. Even at a 2 minute red light, suddenly their phone or looking straight ahead is all they can do. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed that almost every single 5.0 owner will come along and say hi, check out each others car, wave, etc. And almost every single ecoboost completely ignores me. Even at a 2 minute red light, suddenly their phone or looking straight ahead is all they can do. Anyone else notice this?
I always flash my high beams or give a thumbs up to the modded 5.0's, Ecoboosts, and V6's. I always disregard the stock looking Mustangs because more often than not, they're not car enthusiasts like we are (and they don't give a damn).

I always catch people checking out my car on the highway, when I'm parked, etc. It's a good feeling!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
There's too many on the road now, honestly. Most are non-enthusiasts and not on forums like us. The modded ones I may drop a wave or acknowledge with a quick rev.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
If they're looking over/modded/or an S550 I'll give a thumbs up. They're not too common around here so any S550 gets a thumb if they're paying attention or looking over. Depends whos in the driver seat also.

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I have started to try to do the steering wheel wave to all mustangs around here. I have had a few wave back...noticed that women tend to ignore me the most...might just be me though! I wish we as a community embraced this more...if you have ever seen a faster horse you think we would be by how the segment on the clubs is discussed there. My 2016 is stock except for a oil catch can. I want to do a few more things, but it is not in the budget right now. I am definitely enthusiastic about my mustang...just pretty happy with it as it is.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I usually wave, and I seem to get more replies from S197 and Foxbodies than anyone else.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Most other Mustang GTs I've encountered on the road either try to race or rev out their engine when I'm near them. :crazy:

Sponsored

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I acknowledge any Mustang drivers that are looking at me with a nod or quick wave.

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I get tons of compliments from people on the car in general. Just not much acknowledgement from other Mustang drivers, though I have gotten a few waves. When I had my GTI, the story was different. VW owners almost always threw up the V!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I always try to give a thumbs up but almost never get any acknowledgment back. With all my previous cars I'd usually get a wave back from someone with the same car. Mustang owners around here don't seem as friendly, with a few exceptions of course. I'll have to see if having the Bullitt now makes a difference in this.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I try to wave at all mustangs no matter the year. 20% of the time I get a wave back. No worries...I'll keep doing it. Some guys notice the wave late and then give a rev once past. That counts!
Sponsored