Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT PP - slowing down

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an '18 A10 GT, without PP (but with the optional 3.55 ratio). In "normal" mode, my shifts usually seem fairly smooth**, but in "Sport" or "Track" it is a bit rough on the downshifts when you slow down, and the upshifts are a lot sharper and firmer.

** In any mode, even normal, sometimes I notice some jerkyness or surging when I accelerate in the lower gears. But it feels more like gear lash than the transmission shifting.

In hindsight I should have also test driven a 3.15 ratio car; I think the 3.55s may have been more gear than I really want or need. I agree with the poster above that it requires some practice to really learn the ins and outs on the A10.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen this "optional 3.55 ratio" mentioned in a few threads/forums now.
But, I am curious what it is exactly, and does it do (i.e. what is the benefit of it)?

Thanks

I have an '18 A10 GT, without PP (but with the optional 3.55 ratio). In "normal" mode, my shifts usually seem fairly smooth**, but in "Sport" or "Track" it is a bit rough on the downshifts when you slow down, and the upshifts are a lot sharper and firmer.

** In any mode, even normal, sometimes I notice some jerkyness or surging when I accelerate in the lower gears. But it feels more like gear lash than the transmission shifting.

In hindsight I should have also test driven a 3.15 ratio car; I think the 3.55s may have been more gear than I really want or need. I agree with the poster above that it requires some practice to really learn the ins and outs on the A10.

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a non PP A10 car. My car definitely downshifts when I slow down even in normal mode. It does make braking feel a bit jerky. While accelerating in normal mode, this transmission is smoother or as smooth as any I've ever felt once it's warmed up. While it's cold, I always feel the 4th to 5th shift. In Sport, when accelerating hard, the shifts are VERY firm. If I could change anything, it would be that Normal mode has no rev matching. Sport mode is perfect the way it is. Love the firm shifts in sport mode.
Sponsored