In search for the perfect Whipple tune

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
So I have a Stage 2 Gen 3 whipple, Oversized heatexchanger and stock 3.75 pulley and that's it. The Whipple calibration was almost perfect except for the 2000-3500, heavy throttle hesitation. Cold start, idle, cruise, all that was PERFECT, just like stock. I reached out to a local tuner to fix the throttle hesitation issue and he said that he couldn't edit over the Whipple calibration and he built his own tune. The car was ruined. Every aspect of the tune was bad, startup, idle, driveability in general was horrible. After a few revisions it was much better but still having issues. I found out through the forums that you can indeed edit the whipple cal and he told me he sent the .hpt file into them and they told him it can't be edited. I'm getting very frustrated now so I bought a remote tune from a very reputable company and tried that route. The car is running almost perfect now. Driveability is amazing but I'm having a random idle issue now and initial cold start isn't smooth sometimes. It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm still working with the tuner to sort it out. I just can't seem to get the car perfect. Is there such thing? If we can't sort it out then I'm ready to buy another remote tune from another very well know company and try again. What has other peoples experiences beem trying to get a perfect tune? Perfect to me is Just like stock startup, idle, and smoothness with the throttle. I'm willing to spend as much as I need to get this car perfect. I'll buy tunes from every company and combine them all if I can to make this work. What's peoples tuning experiences with the whipple?
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
With a large TB a perfect tune will be hard to find. Dustin Whipple just used PBD on his personal car. If there was anything better I’m sure he would’ve gone there. Good luck.

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
The whipple cal was soooo close. The remote tune I have is also soooo close just hope he can work out the random idle jump.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
The Whipple stage 2 tune is money. I’ve been very pleased.

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Yes it was very good but I had a small hesitation at low rpm :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I've been very happy with the tuner so far. He's response time has been amazing, great service, just fingers crossed he can figure out my idle. The whipple idle was perfect.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've been very happy with the tuner so far. He's response time has been amazing, great service, just fingers crossed he can figure out my idle. The whipple idle was perfect.
So what happen with the hesitation issue, was your tuner able to cure that?

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Oh yeah that's all taken care of:clap2:

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They are all going to have small quirks. ive been tuned by what I consider the Big 3 tuners and they have all been good but when you have a huge TB like that, you have to give a little too. not easy to dial those in

monzter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Whipple stage 2 tune here also and it's almost perfect for me too. No codes and idle is perfect, but I too get that part throttle hesitation. Doesn't really bother me too much though. I always figured there'd be some sort of trade off.

Question though, how can I get a config file so that I can use the Whipple record feature to datalog?

thx

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
HP Tuners and a dyno that can motor the engine are all you really need.
Have to ask how do you motor an engine, not sure what that means. In my head I think of two nouns, like I’m going to car my truck. Just curious.

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I feel like they shouldn't have any small issues though. If one tune has the idle perfect but small driveability issues, and the other tune has perfect driveability but tiny idle issue then both tunes prove that each issue has a fix. I just need to combine them for a perfect tune...lol

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
it can be perfect you just have to find a tuner that will take their time to do it right. they are trying to make money and if they get you to 95% and dont have to put in the work for the extra 5% they make more money.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Motoring the engine is how we do it on the OE side. We don’t use DynoJets. The dyno is turning the engine, not the other way around. This allows me to dial up a speed, open the throttle independent of engine speed and pull a specific mass of air to map each point. It can be done with HP Tuners and the Whipple calibration if you have the proper dyno. These guys that people label as Tuners do not.
Sponsored