2018+ ROUSH Active Exhaust is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
No doubt you can bet that switch assembly will be heavy paper.
I would not bet against you ;)

So let me rephrase- I MAY be interested in that switch if the price is right.
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I would not bet against you ;)

So let me rephrase- I MAY be interested in that switch if the price is right.
I agree the console switch is a great idea. It has me wondering if the factory unit could be set up into the stock console.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
it would be cool to convert the stock steering mode switch in favor of the exhaust mode

jimmypop13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 HHR SS
Why didn't they just use the OEM motors to control the valves? The switch is already there to control them from the factory! This is how the aftermarket Camaro active exhausts work. With this system you send up having to install a second search to control them when one was already there. Makes no sense other than for people that didn't get the factory active exhaust

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Why didn't they just use the OEM motors to control the valves? The switch is already there to control them from the factory! This is how the aftermarket Camaro active exhausts work. With this system you send up having to install a second search to control them when one was already there. Makes no sense other than for people that didn't get the factory active exhaust
I think this system is meant for the people that didn't get the factory active exhaust on the 2018 or for the 2015-17 owners to add a active exhaust to theirs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ryan@ROUSH

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think this system is meant for the people that didn't get the factory active exhaust on the 2018 or for the 2015-17 owners to add a active exhaust to theirs
Exactly right. We expect that anyone who ordered Active on their 2018 to maintain it for quite some time before changing out to an aftermarket system. Those customer can always pickup our x-pipe (or soon to come H-pipe) if they are looking to change up the sound.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
GOT YOUR H-PIPE

Exactly right. We expect that anyone who ordered Active on their 2018 to maintain it for quite some time before changing out to an aftermarket system. Those customer can always pickup our x-pipe (or soon to come H-pipe) if they are looking to change up the sound.
I already have the H-PIPE in mint condition. I had it on my 2015 for a short time if anyone is interested in it shoot me a P/M $100.00 firm.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Insane expensive. Just do a texas speed header long system paired with stock active exhaust for 1200 and you will have power and an awesome sound for less than half the cost.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Insane expensive. Just do a texas speed header long system paired with stock active exhaust for 1200 and you will have power and an awesome sound for less than half the cost.
Agreed!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandƩ
Motors

Hey Marcus! Arenā€™t the Ford ā€˜18 Motors different from the 350/Roush Motors?

350 only had open and closed. Roush has the different modes, using the same motors. Thought Ford changed the 18 Motors to provide more variability and they looked different and the motor mounting bracket looked different when I saw them on the display car at Woodward.

Sponsored

Raisin

50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT premium coupe and 1965 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried buying the OEM 2018 Active Valve parts from Ford and installing them themselves? From what I have been able to find out it's only the valve and an electronic module that is required.

OP
OP
Ryan@ROUSH

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Marcus! Arenā€™t the Ford ā€˜18 Motors different from the 350/Roush Motors?

350 only had open and closed. Roush has the different modes, using the same motors. Thought Ford changed the 18 Motors to provide more variability and they looked different and the motor mounting bracket looked different when I saw them on the display car at Woodward.
There are nearly the same motors ford usese with different electronics controlling the valves.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandƩ
!motors

There are nearly the same motors ford usese with different electronics controlling the valves.
Thanks, will they fit in the 350 motor pocket, or does whole welded assembly need to be different? Do you have a photo of the new motor? Couldnā€™t see them very well from under the car at Woodward. Are you guys gonna be at the Lincoln MCA Show in July?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.