Sponsored

Purchased Orange Fury PP2 (Tremor Pack) last Monday - The first PP2 to be purchased!

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Looking at this thread, I highly recommend the Apex EC-7s. I had them on my S197, and they were so good that I'll be getting a set of 19x11s for my S550.

Also, 800hp + "dedicated track car" = catastrophe

Don't go boost if you want a dedicated track car. Keep the engine stock, focus on brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, and aero. Then, if you really need more power, you can add from there. But boost is a no-go for track use unless you have some SERIOUS cooling work, and even at that, it's ineffective. Most racing divisions class you based off of modified power to weight ratio. Boost will make you 800whp on a dyno, and you will be classed accordingly. However, as we all know, heat soak = lost power. Boost simply multiplies that. By the end of 1 session, you may be making 100whp less (see; Dodge Hellcat), at which point you will no longer be competitive because you will be running a 700 whp car in a class that's meant for 800whp. Boost isn't the answer for road racing
my bad. no real racing . track day mostly and weekend around :)
and thanks for the wheel suggestion. what sacer you will run n the front?
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Even at that, cooling will be a huge issue just at the occasional track day... one 15 minute session will have you overheating unless you have some serious cooling and aero. Please, heed my advise when I tell you to hold off on boost. 425whp is more than enough for most road course cars.

I didn't run spacers on mine, as I ran 18x10 wheels and they didn't require a spacer. However, I plan on ordering spacers from Vorshlag. Not sure what size yet, I'll have to test fit the wheels before I can get an answer to that one

mrkmrtn70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp2
maybe i missed in a prior post, what did you end going with on your rocker extensions on the side and on the rear quarter. setup looks really nice. i was thinking this would help the rock chips as well vs doing a film.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
maybe i missed in a prior post, what did you end going with on your rocker extensions on the side and on the rear quarter. setup looks really nice. i was thinking this would help the rock chips as well vs doing a film.
RTR side splitters. I has some rock guards on that were no drill but they don’t really work with the splitters so I took those off. The RTR side splitters really match the large front by PP2 splitter well.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Even at that, cooling will be a huge issue just at the occasional track day... one 15 minute session will have you overheating unless you have some serious cooling and aero. Please, heed my advise when I tell you to hold off on boost. 425whp is more than enough for most road course cars.

I didn't run spacers on mine, as I ran 18x10 wheels and they didn't require a spacer. However, I plan on ordering spacers from Vorshlag. Not sure what size yet, I'll have to test fit the wheels before I can get an answer to that one
? Where you get all this from?
Tracked a Whippled 15 past 2 years and could run 3.625” pulley at 12psi (650whp) until it hits 100F ambient. Then backed it down to 4” pulley to 9 psi. CHT 235 max w Reische 170 and open cowl. Long courses like MSR Houston, HARRIS Hill, COTA, DWA3 all no problem. Only DWA1 short course was issue pushing hard at 105F ambient late summer.
All on 93 octane Chevron.
Stock hood, open coping, 170Tstat, open lower grill, stock top grill...
Biggest issue is not blowing rear tires off on accel with the extra powwAah.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Thanks sigintel fpr your input. Glad to hear that.

I spoke a lot with whipple guys and lebanon ford(who has a unique 800hp software set up by them). Over heat was my bigger concern. Apperently the 50% bigger radiator in the PP works. Worst case I'll go with an even bigger one.
Whipple new 3L is being tested in a mustang in their headquarter in fresno, and so far so good.
Whipple is also known to heat less than regular roots supercharger. My plan is to test my car stock in a track day and then upgrade front grills and hood.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
? Where you get all this from?
Tracked a Whippled 15 past 2 years and could run 3.625” pulley at 12psi (650whp) until it hits 100F ambient. Then backed it down to 4” pulley to 9 psi. CHT 235 max w Reische 170 and open cowl. Long courses like MSR Houston, HARRIS Hill, COTA, DWA3 all no problem. Only DWA1 short course was issue pushing hard at 105F ambient late summer.
All on 93 octane Chevron.
Stock hood, open coping, 170Tstat, open lower grill, stock top grill...
Biggest issue is not blowing rear tires off on accel with the extra powwAah.
I'd like to see your data logs, as I'm betting that you aren't pushing the car hard enough to have heat issues. Guys with simple bolt on Mustangs have heat issues at times.

And even if you aren't "overheating" per se, boost is still not good. It's highly dependent on IATs, so you'll be classed based on what your car makes on the dyno at low IATs.... Then, halfway through your run (or when your tires are warm enough to really perform), your car will be losing A LOT of power (more than an N/A car would) and will essentially be running, for example, TT3 times when you're stuck in the TT2 class due to your high dyno numbers.

Your best bet would be to invest that supercharger money into some quality DA coilovers. Like I said before, 425 WHP is MORE than enough power for a road racer, our cars already have trouble putting down THAT power. Hell, if you're really looking for power, the 2018s can make 500whp with bolt ons and tune

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What splash guards did you install on your car? Damn rocks stick to the SC2s so bad! Glad I had my car wrapped in PPF. But still doesn't stop nice chips in the film!
Sponsored