Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
i agree with the improvements!
I didn't drive a 15-17 but I absolutely love my car. He's amazing!!! And he has 78 miles on him. He had 33 when I picked it up.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
My dealer just sent me a print out saying current status is unscheduled clean. But still doesn't give me a DORA. I am not sure what it means...Is my order submitted or not? Is the delay from ford or due to my dealer? This is so frustrating.
If it shows your status is "Unscheduled - clean" and you can match it by order number to what you ordered that's good. It means that once your dealer has allocation you'll be scheduled for production if there there are no parts shortages limiting certain options.

Problem is if you haven't seen a VOC or DORA I don't know how you verify that they ordered what you wanted correctly until you get a VIN and show up on COTUS.

I really don't understand why dealers are resistant to providing DORAs. My suspicion is that they get a DORA for themselves that has pricing on it that they don't want to share with you.

A VOC is really just what they get back as soon as they put the order in before it's accepted. No reason they can't share that with you other than maybe they have to capture it right then.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
I didn't drive a 15-17 but I absolutely love my car. He's amazing!!! And he has 78 miles on him. He had 33 when I picked it up.
I don't understand...33 miles before you even drove it? How does that happen/is that normal? When I picked up my Ford F-150 in 2012, it had 1.2 miles on it, and my Chevy Beretta in (I think) 1988 had 3 miles on it.

Who was driving it, and where, and WHY, to put 33 miles on it?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't understand...33 miles before you even drove it? How does that happen/is that normal? When I picked up my Ford F-150 in 2012, it had 1.2 miles on it, and my Chevy Beretta in (I think) 1988 had 3 miles on it.

I was about to ask the same question. My 2017 GT custom ordered had 3 miles on it when I got it. Someone had to have driven that at the dealership.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

Mine had 15. If it had the A10 then, regardless of what Ford wants to admit, it had to have the recall downloaded, applied, and tested before releasing them for shipment. This involved driving the vehicle from storage to where patch was applied and then driven to confirm the update was installed correctly. This was the explanation I received from my local dealer, but I didn’t believe it 100% until I saw others with that starting mileage as well.

Makes sense though because the Ford press release said all cars produced after a certain date didn’t have the recall. If it affected all cars and the updated needed to be applied after production it would make sense to not let the “retail orders” be aware of that fact so as to not make them cancel.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Mine had 15. If it had the A10 then, regardless of what Ford wants to admit, it had to have the recall downloaded, applied, and tested before releasing them for shipment. This involved driving the vehicle from storage to where patch was applied and then driven to confirm the update was installed correctly. This was the explanation I received from my local dealer, but I didn’t believe it 100% until I saw others with that starting mileage as well.

Makes sense though because the Ford press release said all cars produced after a certain date didn’t have the recall. If it affected all cars and the updated needed to be applied after production it would make sense to not let the “retail orders” be aware of that fact so as to not make them cancel.
Mine had 3.7miles on it when I first saw it.

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to ask the same question. My 2017 GT custom ordered had 3 miles on it when I got it. Someone had to have driven that at the dealership.
They claimed they didn't. And I don't think they'd lie because they knew how particular about this car I am. I got in and was surprised to see it had 33 miles on it. But I didn't question it. I asked the salesman if he drove it and he said "Not going to lie I wanted to but I didn't."

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
33 miles?! What'd they do drive it from Michigan?!
I don't know but now it has 100 miles on it. I thought it was weird that it had so many miles on it. Maybe they did a QC test on it? They parked it and waited for me to arrive. Literally as soon as Cotus Checker said it was delivered we left our house (20 minutes to dealer.)

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
I don't know but now it has 100 miles on it. I thought it was weird that it had so many miles on it. Maybe they did a QC test on it? They parked it and waited for me to arrive. Literally as soon as Cotus Checker said it was delivered we left our house (20 minutes to dealer.)
Weird for Sure! Picked mine up Sunday and it had like 4.4 miles on it.

RJD25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
1/31/2018
Will dealers honor this offer for a special order, when the fine print says "take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/31/18"?

My car is scheduled for delivery by the 26th and I was also able to trigger this offer through the trade-in estimator.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Will dealers honor this offer for a special order, when the fine print says "take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/31/18"?

My car is scheduled for delivery by the 26th and I was also able to trigger this offer through the trade-in estimator.
Yes-just as long as you buy it by 1-31-18. You are buying the car from dealer inventory Big misconception by many. Special order cars are NOT the property of the buyer until paid for. Ford will treat such "retail" orders a wee bit differently then "stock" orders but they belong to the dealer. This isnt Amazon. People cannot order cars from Ford--only dealers can from a strict legal point of view.

Enjoy the ride and i hope it is here by the 31st for you.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Hmmmmm...I received an email from Black Book, and an email from local dealer but no coupon. :shrug:
Rats. I got an email with my estimate and fifteen minutes later a call from the dealer asking whether I wanted to just bring it in for an estimate when my car arrives.

I've tried all the reported triggers and no joy for me. Maybe I should try a different email address. Maybe my wife should check the trade-in value of her Mazda6. :ninja:
Sponsored