Sponsored

Do the P-Zero's have warranty at all?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
I'm wondering why Pirelli made these tires so bad. Any word if they can get replaced (free of charge, or at prorated) if worn down (due to normal driving) before a certain range?
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
On my first Mustang, I ran over a pry bar in the road before it even had 1,000 miles :doh: I pretty thoroughly went through Pirelli's "warranty". They absolve themselves of pretty much anything except manufacturing defects (bulges, etc.). No mileage, road hazard, etc. I'm assuming we're talking about the summer P-Zeroes and not the P-Zero Neroes (all season) that are put on some GT's? The summer-only P-Zeroes are pretty exclusive to PP cars...both Ecoboost and GT.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Depends on the dealership. I've seen some people get them replaced but they can't be worn down a lot. Call and ask the dealerships but I think that replacement period has ended. All they will do and put on the same tire lol. I got the rears replaced with Pilot Sports 2's.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Aww fud.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I wouldn't expect much from the Zeros regarding tread life. I just traded in my 2016 Ecoboost for a 2016 GT PP. Dealer replaced the stock rear P-Zero's as they were below the wear bars before they gave it to me. Fronts are fine, plenty of tread, but the rears were gone. I'm sure they were driven hard, but I didn't see any signs of constant burnouts (no rubber particle spray under the fender wells). So i'm guessing they just wore out in 5k miles which doesn't surprise me. OE tires are usually not the greatest, they often choose an adequate tire that's the cheapest option for them knowing you will likely change them within a year or two anyway.

The GT had only 5,600 miles on it when I got it about six weeks ago, not at 7k. Since it's winter I had to drive home on them in 0F weather...boy was that NOT fun even with no snow on the road the were slicker than snot (to be expected, they were 45F below their rated temp range lol).

If you want some REALLY good tires for street use, go with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. Even if your in a warmer area, all seasons typically have a higher tread wear and some of the new compounds give you 90% of the grip of summer only tires but with substantially better tread life. So unless your racing the car, they are a really good street performance setup.

I kept my lightweight RTR Tech 7 wheels and Micheline tires from the Ecoboost for the GT and put them on as soon as I got home. I have 17k miles collectively on the Michelins so far, about 50% tread life left.

Michelin gives you a 45k tread life warranty on their top tier AS3+'s, they pro-rate them. If they don't last then you can get the next set cheaper due to the pro-rating assuming you fill out the paperwork.
Sponsored