Sponsored

Whipple gen 3 any dyno results yet?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I haven't posted anything for 2017 as I don't think the car is working up to it's potential. No real point in putting a number on a list I'm not proud of. Best pass has been 10.3 at 143. I had several issues this year from belts, transmission, clutch, and a malfunctioning 2 step.

The gen 3 is here I the box. My lower intake just came back from porting. ID just went through my injectors and the mantic twin disc just arrived. Hoping 2018 is my year to put this thing into the mid nines. The power will be there. It's just a matter of figuring out how to use it effectively.
Nice !
Are you staying with the manual ? Not a Whipple but I got my 3.2 KB car down to 10.0@144 with the Tremec without a working 2 step .Hoping for 9's next year with the 2 step even with the 3.31 rear end and tall first gear .
If not then swapping to a 4.10 rear should do it .
Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I haven't posted anything for 2017 as I don't think the car is working up to it's potential. No real point in putting a number on a list I'm not proud of. Best pass has been 10.3 at 143. I had several issues this year from belts, transmission, clutch, and a malfunctioning 2 step.

The gen 3 is here I the box. My lower intake just came back from porting. ID just went through my injectors and the mantic twin disc just arrived. Hoping 2018 is my year to put this thing into the mid nines. The power will be there. It's just a matter of figuring out how to use it effectively.
Is anything done to the short block? I'm wondering/worried how far to take it...

Any help/advice is appreciated....

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
Nice !
Are you staying with the manual ? Not a Whipple but I got my 3.2 KB car down to 10.0@144 with the Tremec without a working 2 step .Hoping for 9's next year with the 2 step even with the 3.31 rear end and tall first gear .
If not then swapping to a 4.10 rear should do it .
I will stay with the 6060 as long as I have the stomach and wallet for it. Your car is running great !

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
Is anything done to the short block? I'm wondering/worried how far to take it...

Any help/advice is appreciated....
I think that 750- 800 tire is about all you want to do with a pd blower on these cars. My short block is Darton dry sleeves, custom diamond Pistons, Manley billet I beam rods built by Tim at mpr in Florida. Heads are stock other than springs.

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
In case anyone is still curious I just had mine done today. Gen 3 Whipple 3.625 on 93 with a Lund tune. Catless long tubes and corsa sport. The red line is from last month when the car was factory stock.
2yjufza.jpg

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
In case anyone is still curious I just had mine done today. Gen 3 Whipple 3.625 on 93 with a Lund tune. Catless long tubes and corsa sport. The red line is from last month when the car was factory stock.
2yjufza.jpg
graph please?

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Can you not see it or is that sarcasm because the picture is so big?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
2yjufza.jpg
Awesome results!

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Nice results.

Im taking mine to a dyno day April 14. I plan to pull on the 3.75 pulley and then a back to back 3.625.

Stock everything except the Stage 2 kit with the extra large heat exchanger

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Nice!!

I hope to have mine up in a couple of weeks also.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
2yjufza.jpg
How many Lbs of boost did it make with that setup?

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm honestly not sure. I don't believe they were measuring it and I just run the center gauges out of an ecoboost car. It shows around 11psi but I've heard they can be pretty inaccurate.
Sponsored