Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What was it that you needed your IM replaced? Symptoms etc. Also in my 40s and most likely will be moving on from Ford.
The engine warning light remained illuminated
Car ran fine actually but dealer said the IM was cracked

The AC problem really has me aggravated
I live in South Fla and depend on having functional AC
Really disappointed...
Sponsored

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
the 18 gt is a pretty sweet ride. trade it in for one if you have to pay out of pocket for the evap swap. neither will be cheap, but at least you'll get a nice 18 out of it.
The 18 is a great ride but not sure I feel like giving Ford more of my hard earned money...
Going to contact customer service regarding the AC.. maybe they can offer a solution considering it was already repaired once under warranty

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
there's really nothing else out there besides the challenger/charger/camaro for a car like this tho

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
AC on my 2015 GT PP just went out again
Not happy at all
Blowing only warm air
Evaporator was replaced about 18 months ago under warranty
Car now has 55,000 miles, assume I will bare the cost of the second repair?
Intake Manifold was also replaced a few months ago.
Very disappointing, Ford
Im in my late 40’s , have purchased many new cars over the years, have never experienced this type of issue before.
Have been considering trading in for a 2018 GT, but I may spend my money elsewhere.
yea the quality issues from my mustang have really ruined any chance of my buying a ford again, I have had 3 warranty issues in under 2 years, pathetic

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The 18 is a great ride but not sure I feel like giving Ford more of my hard earned money...
Going to contact customer service regarding the AC.. maybe they can offer a solution considering it was already repaired once under warranty
And give it a few months, and I won't be surprised to see '18s with evap failures.

I FINALLY got my evaporator replaced. I've had 3 AC repairs on this car (technically 4, I'll get to that).

-First was compressor.

-Second was evap, but dealer didn't replace. They repaired a valve and leaked again within 2 months.

-The third repair started with the refrigerant and dye routine. I figured, great, they're going to do everything but replace the evap. But no they finally did. Took a day and a half and it was ready again. Cool

-Fourth Repair: Well, picked up the car after evap replacement. Left dealer without checking the AC system. In my defense, it was cold that day. Halfway home, I turn on the air. Loud, weird noises. Thought maybe there was something purging, who knows. Sound persists, and I take it back to dealer. They replaced the blower fan. Another day and a half.

So, I just hope this AC lasts. I'm near the end of my warranty. Even though I'm in Texas, I will not personally pay for another evap replacement. These things shouldn't be breaking left and right like this.

Sponsored

Virtually Yours

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Looks like I'm next. My first appointment with the dealer is at 1p today. No need to explain the deal by now we already know... I'm not looking forward to this because I have no faith in the local dealer... I ordered an early 2017 GT Prem. PP and must have got the old A/C Evaporator on the assembly line.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Looks like I'm next. My first appointment with the dealer is at 1p today. No need to explain the deal by now we already know... I'm not looking forward to this because I have no faith in the local dealer... I ordered an early 2017 GT Prem. PP and must have got the old A/C Evaporator on the assembly line.
so you drop it off and get a loaner?

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Depends on the dealer. My local dealers are stingy with the loaners. I got one when it was a two week wait for parts a while back, but didn't get one when my car was in for 2 days each.

Good thing I usually bring my car in on my days off, otherwise I'd be SOL since it's my only car.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
it depends on the dealer.

my dealer was very good to me and lent me a new fusion titanium that they normally reserve for their lincoln customers... but then again i've been a customer for almost a decade so maybe that matters.

i read online about someone local to me who went to another dealership and they make you pay a daily rate for a loaner unless it involves a warranty repair, and even that dosen't ensure they will have a car for you. if the latter happens, they send you across the street to a car rental place and tell them to rent at shop rate and bring the bill back for compensation when the repairs are done.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
I wasn't leaving my dealership without a loaner, they ended up having my car for a week since I had them too other repairs as well

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wasn't leaving my dealership without a loaner, they ended up having my car for a week since I had them too other repairs as well
I knew getting a warranty loaner from a Ford dealer isn't always just a matter of just saying please. My understanding is the dealers get a certain number of discretionary loaner days reimbursed by Ford but Ford doesn't reimburse for all potential loaner needs.

I wasn't trading in and was ordering under an A/Z plan, and I think its the same with other plans including X (trust but verify). Ford doesn't allow a dealer to reduce an A, X, etc. plan price. Of course if you have a trade they can overpay on your trade to get the sale. And there are situations where you can buy for LESS than X, A, etc. but if you ARE using one of those plans you can still sweeten the deal in other ways. In my case I made getting a guaranteed loaner for any warranty work if brought in at start of business if not waiting, the tie breaker between two dealers.

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
This seems like an unavoidable issue -- Happened to mine yesterday.

Virtually Yours

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
No but I didn't ask for one. I dropped it off yesterday and I should be getting the car back early tomorrow. I work nights, carpool, and use the wife's EcoBoost on the weekends so I didn't push for it.

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
My 2015 Gt went out in Oct. Dealer said lower port hose crimp leaking. Replace same, week later out again, this time they actually found evap leaking under dash, Two day fix after one week part wait. Repaired with no rattles, etc. (excellent mechanic at dealership). Warranty expires next week so I bought service plan,avoid big dollar repairs,I hope!

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
sold it, all these dealer trips are too much for brand new car
Sponsored