OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Not sure at the moment about lowering, I thought 20" would fill the wheel-space a bit more than the 19" but it's sure something I have considered before and could still do later on.
No they actually fill the wheel wells equally, because the outer diameter of the tire needs to stay the same. The height of the tire in correlation to the height of the wheels gets smaller though when you move from 19 to 20 inch, so the tires look more skinny. And the optical effect of that is that the wheel well looks less filled. It sounds weird but that is actually what happens. Check out these pictures of unlowered US cars with 18" and 20" wheels:
2017-ford-mustang-ecoboost-fastback.png

2017-ford-mustang-gt-fastback_1.png

And here you can see the optical effect of lowering. My car with the same 20" wheels original and lowered. By the way the correct rear tire size on an EcoBoost is 295/30/20, not 285/30/20.
oem.jpg
lowered.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
No they actually fill the wheel wells equally, because the outer diameter of the tire needs to stay the same. The height of the tire in correlation to the height of the wheels gets smaller though when you move from 19 to 20 inch, so the tires look more skinny. And the optical effect of that is that the wheel well looks less filled. It sounds weird but that is actually what happens. Check out these pictures of unlowered US cars with 18" and 20" wheels:

And here you can see the optical effect of lowering. My car with the same 20" wheels original and lowered. By the way the correct rear tire size on an EcoBoost is 295/30/20, not 285/30/20.
Thanks for the info & pic's Ericc, it needs the extra drop indeed!
For the 285 size I took these from the recommended size for the RTR wheels.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
drop indeed!
For the 285 size I took these from the recommended size for the RTR wheels.
RTR tire specs are probably based on the GT rear wheels, which are a different size than the EcoBoost. For GT cars there is no optimal size in 20", best compromise is 285/35/20. Note the 35 series, versus the 30 series in 295/30/20 for the EcoBoost.

EstMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT, 2011 Alfa Romeo 159 SW TBI TI
This is familiar. A couple of weeks back at 20.00 hours, zero degrees temperature, I was really modestly accelerating (due to low temp I had already noticed) from traffic lights and it was a completely straight stretch of the road. Quite suddenly, I found myself going sideways and to the left. Black ice on the road, as we call it here. In these conditions, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 rubber is not saving your ass, literally. As there was another lane to my left, more trafficked and therefore ice-free, I regained control on it and found myself in between those 2 cars that had taken off from the red light with me in parallel. No pumpers were touched, everybody went home unharmed. Plenty of afterthoughts I had, that's for sure.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
This is familiar. A couple of weeks back at 20.00 hours, zero degrees temperature, I was really modestly accelerating (due to low temp I had already noticed) from traffic lights and it was a completely straight stretch of the road. Quite suddenly, I found myself going sideways and to the left. Black ice on the road, as we call it here. In these conditions, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 rubber is not saving your ass, literally. As there was another lane to my left, more trafficked and therefore ice-free, I regained control on it and found myself in between those 2 cars that had taken off from the red light with me in parallel. No pumpers were touched, everybody went home unharmed. Plenty of afterthoughts I had, that's for sure.
That must have been soo sketchy. when cold now, I shift at 2500rpms and drive like theres and egg under my gaspedal

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Using the Fuel economy, minimal boost map Adam made for me, It actually drives quite nice in traffic and in the snow on my all seasons.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I have the same map slot as Glenn, but I have never tried it. Maybe I should give it a try, as I run into a similar situation as described by [MENTION=23991]LarsenGrind[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29850]EstMustang[/MENTION] a few weeks ago.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
My car is in its third week at the Dealership. Still no replacement waterpump. Lovely, simply lovely support Ford.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My car is in its third week at the Dealership. Still no replacement waterpump. Lovely, simply lovely support Ford.
It still puzzles me why it takes so long to get replacement parts. They sold a lot of mustangs in Europe by now so it would be logical that they have at least a couple cars worth of replacement parts in stock at the Ford distribution centers.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It still puzzles me why it takes so long to get replacement parts. They sold a lot of mustangs in Europe by now so it would be logical that they have at least a couple cars worth of replacement parts in stock at the Ford distribution centers.
Exactly. This is really poor performance from Ford Europe.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have not been able to get on here as often as I like but I could have sworn that in someones sig they said that they were looking for PP springs?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Exactly. This is really poor performance from Ford Europe.
Apparently it is. Ford Netherlands says they are waiting on them.

Lame excuse though, I mean how many people have to be sleeping? Don't they have any metrics and dashboards to track performance? This is their core business ffs! "Get stuff to customers".

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
When last summer my a/c evaporator went out, I had to wait for almost two months for the replacement part to arrive. I spent the whole summer in 35-40*C with the windows open... :frusty:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Nice.

Is that Polish, Royal, or someone else?
Sponsored