Sponsored

NVH..

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone else's 350 developing annoying NVH's from somewhere behind the plastic trim on the dash, passenger side below the 'tag'? Tried pulling off the plastic trim, but it's stuck somewhere and afraid of ripping something off
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Anyone else's 350 developing annoying NVH's from somewhere behind the plastic trim on the dash, passenger side below the 'tag'? Tried pulling off the plastic trim, but it's stuck somewhere and afraid of ripping something off
I have a noise on the driver side behind the driver dash, somewhere. Hard to isolate. When I first start the car, it’s more prevalent. Service department said they need it for a while to test drive, and then for tear down of dash. Hmmmm, I am reluctant to leave it as because it is intermittent, but still irritating. Good luck isolating.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
This is pretty common on the 350. I have a noise that is present at about 6k RPM (windows up) in the same region you described.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have a noise on the driver side behind the driver dash, somewhere.....
Me too. A buzz which seems to come from behind the dash to me. Thankfully, it is pretty low volume, so just a little throttle covers it up. I will NEVER let them disassemble my dash. I would sell the car if it bothered me that badly. Good luck with your issue. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good (even when you should not have to do so). And this car packs lotsa good. :D: :headbang:

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I pulled the plastic covers (fairly easy, there's a guide somewhere on the forums, IIRC) and stuck sticky felt pads in all of the places where there's a clip so the pressure it was applying to suck the plastic pieces together would rest on the felt. I also put very thin strips of felt in the groove of the plastic piece the tag is stuck to, where the brushed metallic piece sits. No more noises.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I pulled the plastic covers (fairly easy, there's a guide somewhere on the forums, IIRC) and stuck sticky felt pads in all of the places where there's a clip so the pressure it was applying to suck the plastic pieces together would rest on the felt. I also put very thin strips of felt in the groove of the plastic piece the tag is stuck to, where the brushed metallic piece sits. No more noises.
ye exactly this was my plan - but when I try to pull the small trim part at the passenger door it 'hangs' on something which feels like I tore it already if I put my finger behind it..you remember where you saw the guide by chance?

ty!

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
ye exactly this was my plan - but when I try to pull the small trim part at the passenger door it 'hangs' on something which feels like I tore it already if I put my finger behind it..you remember where you saw the guide by chance?

ty!
There's a pretty nice video actually:

[ame]

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have a noise on the driver side behind the driver dash, somewhere. Hard to isolate. When I first start the car, it’s more prevalent. Service department said they need it for a while to test drive, and then for tear down of dash. Hmmmm, I am reluctant to leave it as because it is intermittent, but still irritating. Good luck isolating.
I am willing to bet that the HUD cover has come loose. Mine did the same thing so I starting pressing down on the dash in front of the windshield and realized the cover was loose. Give it try! Hope this helps.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I am willing to bet that the HUD cover has come loose. Mine did the same thing so I starting pressing down on the dash in front of the windshield and realized the cover was loose. Give it try! Hope this helps.
Well I’ll be damned, that worked great.....thanks!

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Thank you. When this snow clears and I am able to move from hibernation in the garage, that’s next on my list of things to do.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Hmmm, mine feels loose. Is it supposed to snap in snug & tight? (Kind of afraid to push on it too hard.)

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Yes, snaps in snug and tight. Mine was raised on the far left side. Snapped right back in.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Yes, snaps in snug and tight. Mine was raised on the far left side. Snapped right back in.
Same here. I just checked and it was loose. Pushed in, but did not snap. There is still some little play, not as much though. Will see what happens on next start.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I am glad this has helped some of you before you went ripping out the dash. Mine snapped right back in with no problem. Whether this continues to keep popping out is another question.
Sponsored