Wheel Hop Stop without any NVH

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am hoping to hear from M6G folks about a way to stop wheel hop after I install the blower. I am convinced that this will also help protect the half shafts.

I am not lowering my car with new springs/shocks. I do not want any additional NVH at all.

Is this possible? Have any of you been able to do this without all the add'l suspension parts?

Thanks for any info shared!
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I am hoping to hear from M6G folks about a way to stop wheel hop after I install the blower. I am convinced that this will also help protect the half shafts.

I am not lowering my car with new springs/shocks. I do not want any additional NVH at all.

Is this possible? Have any of you been able to do this without all the add'l suspension parts?

Thanks for any info shared!
Steeda and BMR both offer stop the hop kits, with little to no change in NVH. They are both very effective. Check out the suspension section of the forum, as there is an abundance of info on the topic.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
All the stuff I installed from Steeda has caused no NVH that I can tell. Steeda support braces, support bushings, alignment kit, vertical links, sway bars and K-brace. (And maybe other stuff I forgot). Handles around corners supremely well, no hopping, no nothing. Well worth the money.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i did BMR CB005 lockout, diff bushing inserts, and vertical links, never noticed any increased NVH

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i did BMR CB005 lockout, diff bushing inserts, and vertical links, never noticed any increased NVH
This except diff inserts. Those do increase driveline noise.

CB005 eliminates almost all of it and is the best bang for the buck available.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
CB005
BK081

Start with those two pieces. No other part or combination of parts is a better value. Feel free to use the code FS6KA on the BMR web site as well. :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a great article featuring the Steeda Stop the Hop Kit:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4570/TESTED-Steeda-Anti-Wheel-Hop-Package.aspx

Overall, we were very impressed with Steeda Autosports’s Ultimate “Stop the Hop” Package and Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System in eliminating wheel hop and greatly improving the drivetrain response and handling of our 2016 Mustang. We feel that the Mustang should have been like this from the factory since there is virtually no increase in NVH, but the car is substantially more responsive and precise than before. We highly recommend installing these components for any drag racer, road racer, or your average driving enthusiast for the daily driver due to the significant improvements with zero downsides.
This review was done by driver of the Ford GT at Le Mans - Billy Johnson!

We look forward to working with you - we have a lot of support in the Michigan area, you won't be disappointed in what we can provide.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I ordered my kit. Hopefully it will ship soon.

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Working on this also

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Here is a great article featuring the Steeda Stop the Hop Kit:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4570/TESTED-Steeda-Anti-Wheel-Hop-Package.aspx

This review was done by driver of the Ford GT at Le Mans - Billy Johnson!

We look forward to working with you - we have a lot of support in the Michigan area, you won't be disappointed in what we can provide.
Over the years with my S197 Mustangs I have used your parts, BMR and UPR. What I have found is that most parts that indicate no NVH have had a lot of NVH. I specifically remember replacing the upper control arm on the axle of one of my S197s. The gear noise was horrible. I have also moved from using poly bushings in sway bars, etc. I am interested in stopping hop, but don't want to install parts that are supposed to be quiet only to hear every gear change and bug I run over.

I am not saying your parts will do this, just want to stress this aspect. That doesn't mean I don't like a firmer ride, that is no problem. I just can't stand that transmitted noise where I have to turn up the radio or not be able to carry on a conversation while cruising. Guess I am kinda fussy after 4 S197s and dozens of aftermarket parts that I ended up selling on ebay.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Over the years with my S197 Mustangs I have used your parts, BMR and UPR. What I have found is that most parts that indicate no NVH have had a lot of NVH. I specifically remember replacing the upper control arm on the axle of one of my S197s. The gear noise was horrible. I have also moved from using poly bushings in sway bars, etc. I am interested in stopping hop, but don't want to install parts that are supposed to be quiet only to hear every gear change and bug I run over.

I am not saying your parts will do this, just want to stress this aspect. That doesn't mean I don't like a firmer ride, that is no problem. I just can't stand that transmitted noise where I have to turn up the radio or not be able to carry on a conversation while cruising. Guess I am kinda fussy after 4 S197s and dozens of aftermarket parts that I ended up selling on ebay.
pm Yor contact info and i will go over in detail what will cause NVH and parts that will not. Diff bushings do create additional NVH, to most it's tolerable.
The stiffer the diff bushings the more NVH.

Steeda
Tech

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Anytime you're modifying your suspension and putting in different parts -- you're going to get more NVH. Maybe it is desirable NVH maybe not, that's subjective.

This is especially true if you are adding stiffer parts to the IRS. There is no such thing as zero NVH. Some people may not notice it or it doesn't bother them but that doesn't mean the same for you. It just bugs me when folks say they've modified their whole IRS assembly and report zero NVH. It's just not true.

So to the OP I just want to warn you. You might get desirable NVH or it may be small enough that it doesn't bother you. But just be aware that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Sponsored