Sponsored

Question on Whipple Parts Kit install

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
I thought I had seen somewhere that the whipple parts kit had everything minus 1 or 2 pieces that whipple would send you for free, just wasn't included in the kit??? Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone gone this route (used gen 2 and the whipple parts kit) and done the install yet?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the parts kit has everthing that you need

OP
OP
SHONOFF15

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
the parts kit has everthing that you need
I thought so I just wasn't 100% sure, and I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of the install because of missing parts.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I thought so I just wasn't 100% sure, and I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of the install because of missing parts.
typically the reason for missing parts, is people not giving what they were supposed to on used head units, or people giving too much stuff away.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
typically the reason for missing parts, is people not giving what they were supposed to on used head units, or people giving too much stuff away.
What exactly are they supposed to give with the head units? I just removed mine and the new head unit came with new mounting hardware and o-rings. I wouldn't expect to send my used/old o-rings or bolts with the blower.

Tony

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHONOFF15

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
What exactly are they supposed to give with the head units? I just removed mine and the new head unit came with new mounting hardware and o-rings. I wouldn't expect to send my used/old o-rings or bolts with the blower.

Tony
Good question Tony, I will have to check when I get home what all I got with my head unit. I'm pretty sure I didn't get any bolts, but I did get the jackshaft cover. :shrug:

OP
OP
SHONOFF15

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Just did this about 3 weeks ago. I ordered the parts box from beef. The only thing that whipple doesn't include is the evap bracket and the head unit install packet. They sent it free of charge to me tho! Sorry prolly not the answer you were looking for
Ahhhh I found it! This is the post I was talking about from a different thread.

CORNFED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ill be ordering a parts box from you guys very soon and am also hunting for a clean head unit. What should I look out for when purchasing the head unit, i.e what parts SHOULD it come with it?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ill be ordering a parts box from you guys very soon and am also hunting for a clean head unit. What should I look out for when purchasing the head unit, i.e what parts SHOULD it come with it?
The head unit and the 'roval' TB at the very least. Depending on which kit you get and how you are having the cal or tune done you will also need injectors. Something else I recommend if you want the Whipple cal is to specify that you are going to run their cal so that you get the closed air box, (the open one is junk) the correct TB to MAF pipe and the harnesses for ACT2 and HE pump control.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
The head unit and the 'roval' TB at the very least. Depending on which kit you get and how you are having the cal or tune done you will also need injectors. Something else I recommend if you want the Whipple cal is to specify that you are going to run their cal so that you get the closed air box, (the open one is junk) the correct TB to MAF pipe and the harnesses for ACT2 and HE pump control.
I just bought a Gen 3 for my car. The new blower came with the head unit, new gaskets for the fittings, new bolts to secure it to lower manifold, blower to lower manifold gaskets and TB gasket. It also came with new supercharger oil.

Nothing else came with the kit. What this tells me is the parts box should include EVERYTHING except the head unit.

Tony