OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Well, this was a surprise. Nothing had changed this morning, but I just checked COTUS and found that my car has been moved to "In Production."

Still no window sticker or blend date, though. I guess they don't need those things to move it to the next stage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also talked with Ford Performance this afternoon and they confirmed that it's in production. This is a week or so earlier than originally planned, so I wasn't surprised to hear that they moved up the delivery date by a few days.

Still trying to figure out how to get my window sticker, as even though it's showing as a button on COTUS now, it still says one hasn't been issued. Maybe tomorrow, after an overnight update?

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I also talked with Ford Performance this afternoon and they confirmed that it's in production. This is a week or so earlier than originally planned, so I wasn't surprised to hear that they moved up the delivery date by a few days.

Still trying to figure out how to get my window sticker, as even though it's showing as a button on COTUS now, it still says one hasn't been issued. Maybe tomorrow, after an overnight update?
Same here. Congrats! It sure is a good feeling to check Cotus and see an update after checking so many times with no update!

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as I'd hoped, the window sticker was released overnight. I now have a blend date.... 3/27.... same as 96cobra, so we'll have "sister cars."

The anticipation has been fun so far, but now it's starting to seem more real knowing that there is a bunch of sheet metal that has been stamped recently and will start a journey down the assembly line next week. The cool part is that this is the work of so many people - many here who helped me get this far on the path towards realizing my dream of getting a base R model and so many others who I'll never meet but who will put hands on the car and through their skill build the last of a breed.

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Welcome to the club.......cotusford.com :cheers: I know the feeling!!!

I’m checking it every morning .....

Looks like yours is probably being builtat the same time as mine..... :D.... will be interesting to see the chassis (dash plaque numbers )

What’s the last four digits in your serial number Muligan ?

My “R” is 1461 :ford:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, H2614 is all clean, tucked away, and waiting for her next owner. As mentioned previously, I've packaged everything up, including the Buyer's Supplement, a '17 brochure, the hard cover books ('17 GT350 and Ford Performance), the VIN-etched oil filter wrench and spare filter package, the original floor mats (has Lloyds with the silver logo on them now), the original splitter (still in its box), and all of the original wrappers and window sticker / tags / decals (laminated). Cover is staying with me as it's made for an R.

If anyone is interested in getting a really nice black base '17 without stripes and around 2,200 miles on the odo, PM me and I'll give you details on the dealership where I'll be trading her in soon.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old pic, but she doesn't look any different from this now. Although, she does have matte black rocker striping (hard to see, but look closely at the second pic) and Xpel Ultimate on the nose, front of hood, front of fenders, mirrors, front wheel lips, rockers and thresholds, door edges, and rear quarters (rock strike area).

IMG_20170211_113234780_HDR_zpsipcngijp.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well, H2614 is all clean, tucked away, and waiting for her next owner. As mentioned previously, I've packaged everything up, including the Buyer's Supplement, a '17 brochure, the hard cover books ('17 GT350 and Ford Performance), the VIN-etched oil filter wrench and spare filter package, the original floor mats (has Lloyds with the silver logo on them now), the original splitter (still in its box), and all of the original wrappers and window sticker / tags / decals (laminated). Cover is staying with me as it's made for an R.

If anyone is interested in getting a really nice black base '17 without stripes and around 2,200 miles on the odo, PM me and I'll give you details on the dealership where I'll be trading her in soon.

You are giving the books away with that one??? dayum. What about the GT350 coffee mug? Are you keeping that one?

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are giving the books away with that one??? dayum. What about the GT350 coffee mug? Are you keeping that one?
I had two sets of books - one was '17 and the other '18. Both had the Ford Performance book. So, I thought I'd include the '17 set for the new buyer.

As for the mug.... no chance - that's staying with me.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking - I may have to make my coffee table into a spare tire for the new R..... :lol:

Dang - I'd hate to lose this as it adds a nice touch to my shop sitting area.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Was thinking - I may have to make my coffee table into a spare tire for the new R..... :lol:

Dang - I'd hate to lose this as it adds a nice touch to my shop sitting area.

Pretty cool to have one of the May 1965 Road & Track magazines in your shop area.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like many of us I have read many automotive magazines over the years with this R&T May 1965 edition probably my favorite of all times.

Not only does this monthly edition test drive and discuss in depth the GT350/R but the advertisements for much of the competition at time is also shown all through this magazine edition.

Cars like the new Rambler Marlin, MG, Lotus, Olds 442, Dodge Ramchargers, Plymouth Fury with the 426 Commando engine and of course the first year for a big block Corvette with the Turbo-Jet 396 has a full page article.

Thanks for posting as I had forgotten how good of an edition that month was some 53 years ago!

:cheers:

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The word is, my car is making it's way down the line with Eric's (96cobra) now. It just entered welding yesterday, so the dream has now started to morph into reality.:thumbsup:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are in good hands. I was most concerned when it left flat rock during the shipping process. It will be man handles by people who do not share our enthusiasm. That to me is the scariest part of this journey.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are in good hands. I was most concerned when it left flat rock during the shipping process. It will be man handles by people who do not share our enthusiasm. That to me is the scariest part of this journey.
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

This has been seen before, but just had to share again.....

[ame]

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
This is the way HR871 was shipped. The driver (or whoever) ripped the plastic off the seats. It had 6 miles on it but had no idea how many were on it when it left flat rock.

picture.jpg
Sponsored