Fordpass

Rasn1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jer
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium 5.0 black accent pack, 3.55 gears
Does everyone have it? How reliable is it,i havent read to many good reviews on it lol. If i install the app on phone and dont like it,can i just delete it,or will it screw up tje car somehow ? Thx
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have it on my phone, I don't find it to be of much use. Seems to just be a way for Ford to push service and accessories. I turned off notifications from the app because they adds were just to annoying.

If I was to be short on memory on my phone it would certainly be one of the first apps I would dump.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I have it and for the life of me I can't see how it helps anything.

As dgc333 said, just a dealer locater and service reminder.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
It looks like the only useful thing is remote start if you have an automatic. You can remotely lock/unlock your vehicle too.

OP
OP
Rasn1320

Rasn1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jer
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium 5.0 black accent pack, 3.55 gears
It looks like the only useful thing is remote start if you have an automatic. You can remotely lock/unlock your vehicle too.
I can use my keyfob for that. Ill PASS on fordpass lol. Thx for responding guys!

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I have it and for the life of me I can't see how it helps anything.

As dgc333 said, just a dealer locater and service reminder.
It's not even that if you turn off notifications. I contacted Ford and complained about the adverts. The rep suggested I turn off notifications. I said I believed that completely negates the app's usefulness. It would be a way for Ford to communicate directly with owners about important recalls or other safety issues, but if you have notifications off you'll only see those notices when you open the app. I suggested they add the ability to choose the kinds of notifications you see, but I never heard back.

Right now Ford is using it as an advert platform, so it's no longer installed on my phone. I'll find about recalls via snail- or e-mail.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I can use my keyfob for that. Ill PASS on fordpass lol. Thx for responding guys!
No, you CAN'T use your keyfob for that, the remote lock/unlock is over the internet, i.e. you can lock/unlock anywhere your phone can go online.

Also, not sure about the ads others are talking about, I never got any ads through the app, only notification I've ever got was the brake warning (which they fixed in a recent update), never got any notifications since then.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
No, you CAN'T use your keyfob for that, the remote lock/unlock is over the internet, i.e. you can lock/unlock anywhere your phone can go online.

Also, not sure about the ads others are talking about, I never got any ads through the app, only notification I've ever got was the brake warning (which they fixed in a recent update), never got any notifications since then.
Why would you want to unlock your doors when you can't see your car? Maybe if it is in your garage I guess...

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want to unlock your doors when you can't see your car? Maybe if it is in your garage I guess...
thats nothing check this out, on the UK forums theres a guy with a fusion which has remote start and he wants to setup alexa and go through the trouble just to be able say "alexa start my car"

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
SMDH..

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
As soon as the 2018 Mustangs were announced I started getting notifications from Fordpass. When I tapped the notification the app opened on the message tab. The message was to tell me the 2018 Mustang had been announced. After that I got 1 or 2 notifications per week about the new 2018 Mustang. I also got a notificaiton when the 2019 Ranger was announced. You may have notifications for the app turned off. Open the app and check the message tab.

I don't know why they're sending me ads for new vehicles; I've just bought a 2017 last summer. Why the hell would I be interested in a new car?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Remember it's not just unlock, it also has lock. And I don't know, maybe you realized that you forgot to lock the car one day, or just want to make sure you locked it, you take out your phone and boom, you lock it. And another use case, people used to hide spare keys say under a rock, or the carpet, or places like that for a family member, now you can hide one in your car.

As soon as the 2018 Mustangs were announced I started getting notifications from Fordpass. When I tapped the notification the app opened on the message tab. The message was to tell me the 2018 Mustang had been announced. After that I got 1 or 2 notifications per week about the new 2018 Mustang. I also got a notificaiton when the 2019 Ranger was announced. You may have notifications for the app turned off. Open the app and check the message tab.

I don't know why they're sending me ads for new vehicles; I've just bought a 2017 last summer. Why the hell would I be interested in a new car?
Did you read my post? I said I got notifications for the brake warning, so no, the notifications are on. And I keep all notifications on for all the apps I have, never had an issue with too much notifications.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does everyone have it? How reliable is it,i havent read to many good reviews on it lol. If i install the app on phone and dont like it,can i just delete it,or will it screw up tje car somehow ? Thx
their website is the best solution to see if it fits you or not, the US version is simple compared to the UK one but it covers many features..we dont get achievement badges here too bad

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Did you read my post? I said I got notifications for the brake warning, so no, the notifications are on. And I keep all notifications on for all the apps I have, never had an issue with too much notifications.
Yeah, I read your post. Having notifications on at one time doesn't preclude the possibility that they have been turned off since. I'm glad you're not getting unwanted adverts; I wish Ford would stop sending them to me.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I have never once received a push notification from Fordpass, though I do agree it is quite useless to me in its current form.
Sponsored