Sponsored

Pilot Sport A/S 3+ worth it over the DWS 06?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I would recommend having them sent to a local Firestone or Discount Tire. Firestone has been ~$65 OTD for mounting 4 tires. On my 275/35R19 they charged more because they're lower profile.
Wait...what size is the Pirelli's that's come with the car? Is it going to look weird going with a 40 vs 35?...even though the 40's will be a little more forgiving with bumps and such.

I also contacted Firestone. They were significantly more expensive than the local tire shop by my work. And from asking around today I got rave reviews so I'm probably going with them unless I can find a tire rack coopin...then I'll have them shipped to that same shop.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...what size is the Pirelli's that's come with the car? Is it going to look weird going with a 40 vs 35?...even though the 40's will be a little more forgiving with bumps and such.

I also contacted Firestone. They were significantly more expensive than the local tire shop by my work. And from asking around today I got rave reviews so I'm probably going with them unless I can find a tire rack coopin...then I'll have them shipped to that same shop.

Thanks!
275/40R19 are the same size as the rear pirellis that came with your car. They're a good tire for square 9.5" setup.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
If you have to deal with cold and/or inclement weather then the dws 06 is great if you cant have a winter setup. I have a hard time getting mine to spin the wheels in the wet and cold. But seeing youre in PA and depending where you may be i think a real winter setup is almost needed.

If you dont deal with the weather i would think a summer tire would be best. One that, unlike the pirellis, can handle weather under 50 degrees.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have to deal with cold and/or inclement weather then the dws 06 is great if you cant have a winter setup. I have a hard time getting mine to spin the wheels in the wet and cold. But seeing youre in PA and depending where you may be i think a real winter setup is almost needed.

If you dont deal with the weather i would think a summer tire would be best. One that, unlike the pirellis, can handle weather under 50 degrees.
Yup, I need to alter the OP. I'm going to be getting the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's thanks to them being suggested here.

Those combined with the Drift rims should make for an excellent looking/handling/lasting wheel setup that is actually decently economical as an added bonus!

Thanks though.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i got mine mounted at mavis tire. make sure the shop has a new tire machine,with the plastic attachments or kiss them black pp rims good bye,my buddy is a manager at a mavis thats y i went to him cause he said they have a new machine. came out perfect not one nick or scratch

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i got mine mounted at mavis tire. make sure the shop has a new tire machine,with the plastic attachments or kiss them black pp rims good bye,my buddy is a manager at a mavis thats y i went to him cause he said they have a new machine. came out perfect not one nick or scratch
Yeah I'll have to ask about that at the tire shop. I talked to LMR about it and they said 1) If done correctly it'll be fine. But 2) I should check to see if they have plastic duck heads on their machines....so that's what I'll do.

Thanks

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to the tire shop and the guy said their machine doesn't even touch the rim. However, he said if the part does touch the rim it is plastic so it won't scratch/damage the rim at all.

So at this point I'm still looking for coupon codes for tirerack.com, but if I buy from this local shop the OTD price for 4 Firehawk Indy 500's mounted and balanced would be $754.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to the tire shop and the guy said their machine doesn't even touch the rim. However, he said if the part does touch the rim it is plastic so it won't scratch/damage the rim at all.

So at this point I'm still looking for coupon codes for tirerack.com, but if I buy from this local shop the OTD price for 4 Firehawk Indy 500's mounted and balanced would be $754.
Get price! Enjoy them.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah thats a good price
Sponsored