Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Might get some wheel time next week. Expecting a string of days in the mid 40's.:D
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah this $5k deck is really cutting into my wheel budget :lol:

What wheels are you looking at yourself?
Can't say yet (not at liberty to say anything), but I can say I got something pretty cool coming. Just greenlit this morning :)

How about you? What wheels have you had and whatcha' looking at next?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Can't say yet (not at liberty to say anything), but I can say I got something pretty cool coming. Just greenlit this morning :)

How about you? What wheels have you had and whatcha' looking at next?
[MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION]

My first set was SVE GT7’s from LMR. I worked with them on getting good photos for them to use and did some advertising for them so I got a great deal on them. They were R specs but wasn’t the color I wanted so I ended up getting a set of their SVE R350 wheels which are GT350R reps. I really like them and they look great but they don’t offer them in R specs so I’m wanting to get back to the wider wheels to eventually do the 305/30 & 325/30 tire setup.

I really like the Signature SV501’s, but after getting this deck built, buying Christmas gifts, and just having a baby a couple months ago I just don’t think I could afford a divorce on top of that if I shelled out the money for fully forged wheels :lol:

So, it looks like I’m probably gonna go with some P51 wheels in gloss black. They are a heck of a bargain with how much they weigh at their price point, and I like that not a whole lot of people are running them so far.

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
No winter storage for me either here in the Austin/Central Texas area.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
[MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION]

My first set was SVE GT7’s from LMR. I worked with them on getting good photos for them to use and did some advertising for them so I got a great deal on them. They were R specs but wasn’t the color I wanted so I ended up getting a set of their SVE R350 wheels which are GT350R reps. I really like them and they look great but they don’t offer them in R specs so I’m wanting to get back to the wider wheels to eventually do the 305/30 & 325/30 tire setup.

I really like the Signature SV501’s, but after getting this deck built, buying Christmas gifts, and just having a baby a couple months ago I just don’t think I could afford a divorce on top of that if I shelled out the money for fully forged wheels :lol:

So, it looks like I’m probably gonna go with some P51 wheels in gloss black. They are a heck of a bargain with how much they weigh at their price point, and I like that not a whole lot of people are running them so far.
The SV501s are one of my favorite wheels on the market - but the price is definitely high. Do you track your car? Bummed about the SVE R350s not coming in R specs - they're a nice looking wheel. They do a good job replicating the CF wheels.

P51s look like a decent option. But they do look hard to clean :lol:

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, and I retract what I said... Still, we don't have to deal with salt, so that's nice.
Yep, if there was no salt on the roads, I would not park mine for the winter... It is the sole reason I don't take it out. Tires can cope ok with some moderate driving on cold, or I could just buy winter tires for that.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
The SV501s are one of my favorite wheels on the market - but the price is definitely high. Do you track your car? Bummed about the SVE R350s not coming in R specs - they're a nice looking wheel. They do a good job replicating the CF wheels.

P51s look like a decent option. But they do look hard to clean :lol:
I don’t currently track my car, but that may become an option in a couple years once this baby gets a little older.
I like the 6GR’s as well, but everybody and their grandma has them now...

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Bought a set of wheels and Alpin tires when I got mine last summer. They are on and grippy on cold asphalt! I really noticed slipping at around 40F on the OEM tires. When the white stuff falls, I have a beater to drive until the city clears that and any salt out of the way, then it's back in the GT350 again!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
In the garage, yes, but never further away than a push of the start button on a nice, clear roads winter day.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Yep, if there was no salt on the roads, I would not park mine for the winter... It is the sole reason I don't take it out. Tires can cope ok with some moderate driving on cold, or I could just buy winter tires for that.
:thumbsup: I keep the garage the Shelby is in at 65 degrees. I've noticed that the tire pressure stays where it is when I take the car out in the cold. I'm assuming the tire temps are staying pretty stable while driving around. I've noticed the same in my DD's. Tire pressure on the monitor stays put while driving, but stop and shop somewhere for a time and the pressure drops considerably after sitting in a parking lot in the cold.

Sponsored

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm not sure how much trust I'd place in the TPMS sensors. Two reasons.

1. I put on new wheels with winter rubber, no TPMS. The sensor in the car did not realize there was no sensor for a WEEK. Then it dinged the error I click OK to.

2. My wife's camaro has it too. She trusted it completely. I put new tires on it and examined the wear on the old set. By the wear it was very obvious one of the tires was WAY over inflated (worn nearly to the cords right in the middle of the tire). But the entire time it showed a steady 35 in all wheels.

Lesson? Check my own tire pressure on all owned vehicles. That TPMS stuff is just backup, a secondary line of defense. It's not a replacement.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
3rd snow of the week here. Shelby has been on lock down since Thanksgiving. Raptor duty
snow.jpg

Last edited:

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I'm not sure how much trust I'd place in the TPMS sensors. Two reasons.

1. I put on new wheels with winter rubber, no TPMS. The sensor in the car did not realize there was no sensor for a WEEK. Then it dinged the error I click OK to.

2. My wife's camaro has it too. She trusted it completely. I put new tires on it and examined the wear on the old set. By the wear it was very obvious one of the tires was WAY over inflated (worn nearly to the cords right in the middle of the tire). But the entire time it showed a steady 35 in all wheels.

Lesson? Check my own tire pressure on all owned vehicles. That TPMS stuff is just backup, a secondary line of defense. It's not a replacement.
When I track the car I check my tires every time I get off, been pleasantly surprised to find the tmps be right on with the guage. Btw, mine has been under the covers for a few weeks and I miss it so much, bright side is like getting a new car every spring

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
"New car every spring," I like that mindset. I also don't mind saving several hundred $$ on insurance while it's parked for the winter, at least enough to pay for the first track weekend's entry fees in the spring. Not a bad trade-off for not driving it the 5 or so days I could between now and late March. (I keep the comprehensive coverage in case of theft, damage, or fire.)

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Might get some wheel time next week. Expecting a string of days in the mid 40's.:D
There’s enough salt on the roads to salt all of McDonalds fries for the next 10 years!
Sponsored