Sponsored

2018 engine tick

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

This is what my 2018 is doing first dealer told me they hear the noise and sent s message to ford hot line then when they got the messages stating on what they should do they said I should wait till they noise gets more prominent or worse so it’s easier to fix I told them no I wanted it fixed I don’t wanna drive it and it mess up on the way to work or something they said don’t worry if it blows up your coverd and blah blah blah then they said if they try and fix it and they can’t find anything that they can warranty then I have to pay the teardown fee of almost 1500.00 so I said I’m not Gona sign it cause I felt like they where going to try and screw me over so I took it to a second dealer and over there there trying to say they couldn’t hear the noise but when I showed up randomly to show them the noise they said they can hear it and it sounds like another one that’s in for service aswell but the on in for service has a bad rattling sound when you tap the gas mine also has that but mine also has the continuously ticking noise so mines has two problems/ two noises so I asked why the car was there they didn’t wanna tell me so I’m pritty sure that cars there because of that noise because they didn’t wanna bring out any 2018s from the lot and show me .. so I called ford and opens a case to escalate it cause I’m not Gona waste my time arguing with these dealers and them just brush me away saying it’s fine when I know it isn’t I bought the car without this noise and my 2013gt 5.0 has the same noise and they had to replace that motor in that car I’m pritty sure something like that might happen with this one so now the second dealer is Gona send ford hotline a message on what to two so in two days there Gona get a response and there Gona let me know where things are Gona go from there
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt mustang shadow black 10 sp
2018 GT engine rattle.

does not sound good hope they fix it.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Check inside driver door

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris5.0coyote

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Is there anyway else to check cause the cars at the dealer right now

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
You can also get your build date if you go to the Ford ETIS website (http://www.etis.ford.com/home.do) and sign up. You’ll get a lot of info about your vehicle there too.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I've been trying to get a trend between build dates and issues with these 2018s. Appreciate it and hope it's nothing too serious. Once the snow melts here in MN, I'll back mine out of the garage and see if it does the same.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt mustang shadow black 10 sp
gt engine tick rattle

After many attempts to get dealer to solve this. I think we have to complain to ford directly. I believe ford is telling dealers this is normal. my car did not make these tapping rattle sounds when I got car. and it does not do this all the time every few days I will here it.

OP
OP
Chris5.0coyote

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I got in touch with some managers so I’m going to be taking the car to them to have them escalate it because there’s no way the noise my cars making is normal it’s ridiculous I’m almost having just to trade it back in and being done with ford all together because of this

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
That sounds horrible. To me, it seems like you have 2 sounds going on. The rhythmic tapping sound and then the rattle sound. I would document everything in writing and time stamped videos. I test drove a 2017 GT leftover the other day and it didn't sound anything like that.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
My 18 makes a bunch of noises that my 2011 did not. I am going to drive the hell out of it and if it gets worse, I will address it at that point. You still have almost 3 years on your warranty. I would just drive it and enjoy it and address the issue if it gets worse.
Sponsored