Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce my company and product development plans for the S550 community.

We are actually two companies, Velossa Tech Engineering (an engineering consulting firm that does mostly aerospace and gas
turbine analysis and engineering) and Velossa Tech Design (aftermarket automotive equipment, all products 3D printed
in house on our own brand of machines).

We broke into the Focus ST market with some really great new products, very quickly, thanks to 3D printing and some fancy program logic. The reason I chose that car was well, I owned one, and I also love cars. Since I already had resources in place to make cutting edge parts, I said why not?

One of our most popular products by far is the BIG MOUTH ram air intake for the Focus ST MK3. Some of you way have a friend with a Focus ST, might want to ask them, they may have already heard of us or maybe even have the product!

For those of you who take racing seriously, or live in hot climates, or want to get the most out of your car, we optimized the ram intake using the latest CFD simulation software and aerospace design techniques.
The part went through close to 100 iterations before it was deemed worthy to be sold. I am personally obsessed with perfection and my specialty in industry was gas dynamics simulations.

The BIG MOUTH has a proven track record, all customers report lower charge temps, great sounds and more airflow at higher speed.

The products we develop are also color customizable as seen by these pictures. We allow customers to choose other customization abilities such as embossements and engravings.

What my plans are for the S550.

I wish to develop a high speed ram intake for the S550 platform. The intake will be contoured to the triangular grill opening for maximum frontal flow area, and the solid spots on the grill will most likely need to be shaved. The intake will also be CFD optimized and come with stainless steel hardware (if necessary) like all of our products.

So now that you got the shpeel, I wanted to reach out and ask if you are interested. Since I am not a vendor I have limited ability to talk about pricing and lead time and whatnot. I was given permission to get basic feedback.

Please give me your feedback, and together, we can make this world a better place.

:ford:

Now for the presentation.

Drums please...

S550-BIGMOUTH-R1_zpsvvb1txqf.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R2_zpsvf8zdoft.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R3_zpsdggaqqqa.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R4_zpseemtmbqk.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R5_zpsemfsurlk.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R6_zpscztmcnfo.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R7_zpsgyyeuglj.jpg

S550-BIGMOUTH-R8_zpsrq3khlsl.jpg
Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Looks promising. I think there is a market for a kit to replace that section of the grill with a better snorkle. Looking forward to updates

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am not certain if this has been proven but I have seen some people mention that the softer rubber portion of the snorkel starts to collapse at certain higher speeds under heavy load. If this is occurring it would be great to aware of it and have something like what you are planning to counter it. That is of course if it collapsing to a point where it is negatively affecting flow.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
I am not certain if this has been proven but I have seen some people mention that the softer rubber portion of the snorkel starts to collapse at certain higher speeds under heavy load. If this is occurring it would be great to aware of it and have something like what you are planning to counter it. That is of course if it collapsing to a point where it is negatively affecting flow.
We're going to do a lot of testing and make sure that the part is rigid at high speed.

I will probably be looking for an S550 in the south florida area that wants to help with R&D, in the near future. :headbang:

Sponsored

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
Looks like a great idea. If you need an R&D car, my dad has a 16 GT in S Fl that he might be able to help you guys out with.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Looks like a great idea. If you need an R&D car, my dad has a 16 GT in S Fl that he might be able to help you guys out with.
I definitely will need a car. Is he the shy type? We will probably need to take the front bumper off. When would he be available? I want to get this started ASAP.

Just to give you a little tidbit of info on how quickly we can field products. I designed the fiesta snorkel in less than a week. Once I have a car, it wont be long.

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
Where are you located in S Fl? I'll give him a call tonight and see what he thinks. Not the shy type.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Where are you located in S Fl? I'll give him a call tonight and see what he thinks. Not the shy type.
Hollywood, stirling and 95

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PM sent last night.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Yay we are officially a vendor now.

check us out on facebook too!

www.facebook.com/velossatechdesign

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...

[MENTION=17449]tjo1186[/MENTION] were you able to get a hold of a car?

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I am in Orlando if you need a car...

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
I am in Orlando if you need a car...
might be a little bit of a stretch, I may need to borrow the car for a day or two for taking measurements.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.