GT500 wishlist

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
Exactly what you pointed at with the bean counters. Every little detail from even changing a screw takes way too many man hours to pass the cost process. The engineers will get what they get. So no, you will most likely not see 850 hp with what they're given to work with. Obviously anything is possible...with enough money (P1, 918, GT2 RS, and so on and so forth). I don't know about anyone else but I'm not looking forward to an $85,000 Mustang from the OEM.
Sometimes it works in reverse, during the coyote development, the original number was 375Hp and the team under Mike Harrison was told to go back and eek out a minimum of 400Hp for the mustang version of the engine.....It would be nice if the team came with 755Hp and someone said "No that wont do, come back with no less that 840Hp" :ford:
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Where does the weak link lie? are you privy to some infomation beyond the rest of us or are you speculating?
Speculating would be akin to guessing what goes on in your head. I have no interest in that.

Quite simply, Ford was able to make plenty of power with the blown 5.2L engine very early in the program. This has been stated elsewhere and shared here previously so if you missed it then you have some catching up to do. Same goes for "weak links."