Sponsored

Krona Performance 2018 mustang gt exhaust

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted much on the forum but are always reading up on interesting threads.

Recently I was given the opportunity to be the first 2018 to have, the soon to be released, Krona Performance cat-back exhaust installed.
So far I've had this exhaust on my car for about a week and a half, and I feel I have logged enough time with it to give it a review.

First and foremost I would like to thank Matt, he has been awesome to work with. I have not met such a genuine person in a long time, his customer service is amazing.

On to the exhaust. All I can say is, wow! In my 2015 I had a Roush/xpipe combo, and the Krona setup is in another league. While sound can be subjective, I feel we all can agree the Roush was a little too dramatic on acceleration. The Krona on the other hand feels a lot more refined. There's no rasp up top, it has more of a throaty sound to it. Smooth comes to mind. Again, sound can be subjective, and this is my opinion on the two setups I have personally experienced.

Driving impressions. Let's just say I like to drive more spirited now lol. I love that 2nd to 3rd gear shift when accelerating, again smooth and refined come to mind. I've received nothing but compliments from coworkers and friends. They all shared similar opinions, and agreed that it sounds richer and throatier than stock. Sounds more like a muscle car than before they said.
Cabin noise is really not that different than stock. Did experience a bit of drone in the first half of the week, but since then I haven't really. It's easy to live with, and the neighbors won't hate you. Morning start ups aren't as loud as the Roush/xpipe combo.

If you are looking for a high quality built exhaust, that you will enjoy everytime you step on the Go fast pedal, then give Krona Performance a shot. You will love it! More than anything, the customer service from Matt will make you a fan for life. Krona is new to the mustang scene, but man did they come out swinging.
Thanks again Matt, love my new 2018 Krona Performance exhaust.

Edit: I'd like to add, that anyone around the inland empire or near in So Cal is welcomed to hear the exhaust in person. Just let me know.

I will attach a link to my IG that has a small sample. There was lots of videos taken, and I'm sure Krona will be sharing soon.

Sponsored

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Cost?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Don’t want to go to much of topic, but that exhaust and your 18 looks amazing!

I see you have P51s. What size wheel and tire size are you running?

OP
OP
s550hopeful

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
Don’t want to go to much of topic, but that exhaust and your 18 looks amazing!

I see you have P51s. What size wheel and tire size are you running?
Thank you, I really love this car. Compliments everywhere I go, especially with the new exhaust. Some guy in an audi followed me just to ask me if I had headers. Lol

The p51s are great, they are 19x10s all around with 285/35s. Wheels are bronze burst, but were too dirty to notice on the pic.

Sponsored

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
I am 1 of those that doesn't really like the 18' front end cause it looks dull, yours however looks really good. I guess it looks really mean while being subtle. It could be the pic or the wheels or what looks like a blackout look, but it looks really good.

Ive heard good things about the krona exhaust, may possibly be in my future as well.

OP
OP
s550hopeful

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
I am 1 of those that doesn't really like the 18' front end cause it looks dull, yours however looks really good. I guess it looks really mean while being subtle. It could be the pic or the wheels or what looks like a blackout look, but it looks really good.

Ive heard good things about the krona exhaust, may possibly be in my future as well.
I shared your sentiment until I saw it in person, and ultimately bought it. What really helps it, is that it is magnetic. I did change out the top and bottom grilles. The wheels and BMR springs helped the stance.

You will definitely love it if you decide to purchase it.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Oh man Krona is the best! I had their catback on my 16 GT before trading for the Shelby, and i did a review thread in this section. Its probably well buried by now. Anyways [MENTION=11853]s550hopeful[/MENTION] , I watched the video on your IG, and it sounds great, very similar to the 15-17. You're right in saying video doesnt do it justice. The sound is very rich and smooth, and camera mics dont pick up on it very well. Also, I could just make out some of the frequency modulation effect the Krona produces, muscle car at low rpm and more exotic as it revs. Great review and video.

Anyone wondering about this exhaust, whether its worth it or if you'd be risking money by not going with the big names, take the man up on his offer. Listen to it in person. Krona is well worth it

OP
OP
s550hopeful

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
Oh man Krona is the best! I had their catback on my 16 GT before trading for the Shelby, and i did a review thread in this section. Its probably well buried by now. Anyways [MENTION=11853]s550hopeful[/MENTION] , I watched the video on your IG, and it sounds great, very similar to the 15-17. You're right in saying video doesnt do it justice. The sound is very rich and smooth, and camera mics dont pick up on it very well. Also, I could just make out some of the frequency modulation effect the Krona produces, muscle car at low rpm and more exotic as it revs. Great review and video.

Anyone wondering about this exhaust, whether its worth it or if you'd be risking money by not going with the big names, take the man up on his offer. Listen to it in person. Krona is well worth it
Thank you. Yes you nailed it with the muscle car to exotic tone. It is very intoxicating, I find myself using more fuel lol.

The offer is still up, maybe I'll go to a meet or something.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I have the krona on my 16 and its just so rich and throaty. Very few sound clips do it justice. And the kit itself is premium in every way. Going by your instagram video the one for the 18 seems a little bit bigger and throatier. On start it sounds a wee bit tighter and more composed too. So nice.

I know Matt does some tuning on these so I wonder if those with 350 rear valances would have good luck.

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Congratulations, he did a great job on those quad tips. Matt told me he had one they were finishing up on. “So your the one”, I’ve posted pics & vids everywhere of this exhaust and as mentioned by other members, anyone on the fence about this system won’t be disappointed on the service, fit & finish or the exhaust note. I never experienced any drone and the exhaust note is almost nonexistent at cruising speed. I decided to purchase the KRONA over Christmas weekend so I sent Matt an email on Christmas Day of course not expecting a response till first of the week. Well within 15 minutes I get a response directly from Matt on Christmas Day, if that doesn’t help show his dedication I don’t know what does.

Last edited:

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I'm glad Krona is starting to earn a following. It's well deserved; the quality is second to none.

Also note, the new 18 catback should (99% certain) fit the 15-17 with roush valance installed.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I'm glad Krona is starting to earn a following. It's well deserved; the quality is second to none.

Also note, the new 18 catback should (99% certain) fit the 15-17 with roush valance installed.
I would be more worried about the sound differences as i kniw he tunes then to the car. The mufflers have very little to nothing to do with the sound. So maybe a 15-17 mid piece with 18 quads out back? This would be more of a Matt question but im sure some solution is in there.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Yeah I wasn't even thinking of that, good catch

Edit: The promo video and a stock/krona comparison video are up on youtube, featuring OP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
s550hopeful

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
Yeah I wasn't even thinking of that, good catch

Edit: The promo video and a stock/krona comparison video are up on youtube, featuring OP.
Beat me to it lol.
Updated my post with that awesome clip. Krona will not disappoint, you too can feel like the hero of a movie lol.
Sponsored