thoughts on lightning Blue stang with white wheels

bluelightnings550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dev
Vehicle(s)
2017 LIGHTNING BLUE PREMIUM FASTBACK MUSTANG GT
Hey I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on the color combo of a Lightning Blue mustang running white wheels. (i was thinking of powder coating the PP wheels white)

thoughts?

anyone have white rims ... and can share some photos?

Thanks,
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
maaan if you did that... i wish you all the luck in the world cleaning white pp rims .. thats a big task..

but on that note.. i could see some kmc 5 stars.. or a meaty 5 star in white.. and do white gt350 strips

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
i SAY YES 1000%

but ceramic coat the wheels make your life easy to clean them in the long run.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
..... no lol do bronze or red . Imo I think white would look dumb and be dirty all the time

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
bronze.. is played out from all the import and subbie guys imo... and red, well it will look like a spider man car ...well in my opinion.. soon as i seen red and blue together thats what i think of lol ...but thats just me,, its your car payment so you do exactly as you want.. your car is a extension of your personal taste..i know black rims are out dated also but i just always loved black rims.i kept the pp rims,did wider tires, spacers, tinted windows.now im getting the roof wrapped gloss black and i did black emblems

ive seen some black 2012 stangs with white wheels ..looked good but like paul said for damn sure ceramic coat them ..lol

my friends old subbie was silver with white rims and it looked really nice . volks i think he had

OP
OP

bluelightnings550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dev
Vehicle(s)
2017 LIGHTNING BLUE PREMIUM FASTBACK MUSTANG GT
i SAY YES 1000%

but ceramic coat the wheels make your life easy to clean them in the long run.
yeah i think i may have to do the CC on them as well. I just did the coating on the car.

Or maybe i will just hold off and save up to get a new set of 20s

cough cough... ;)

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Personally, I think that white will look horrible. That's my 2 cents. Take it for what it is worth.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Someone in my mustang group did that. Looked okay. White wheels though... not my cup of coffee.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
maaan if you did that... i wish you all the luck in the world cleaning white pp rims .. thats a big task..

but on that note.. i could see some kmc 5 stars.. or a meaty 5 star in white.. and do white gt350 strips
I had white wheels on my red Fox body. They looked awesome. But the PP wheels are dust magnets upfront. The black and silver (to a point) hides it fairly well. White will not and for that reason, I wouldn't go white as they'll be getting dirty looking too quick.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
White wheels look amazing, but PP brakes will dust like crazy and like others said cleaning will be a nightmare. Coat it good with something synthetic and heat tolerant after each deep cleaning to keep em cleaner.
Sponsored