Sponsored

Question about NOT replacing oil pump gears

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
This is literally what lund told me about opg lol. "Jon Jr. (Lund Racing Support)

May 1, 2:15 PM EDT

With the 350 manifold I have it at 8000 rpm. I've buzzed 8200 with stock OPGs and sprocket on our 15 motor for a year with no issues. I've not seen a 15-17 motor break one honestly."
Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This is literally what lund told me about opg lol. "Jon Jr. (Lund Racing Support)

With the 350 manifold I have it at 8000 rpm. I've buzzed 8200 with stock OPGs and sprocket on our 15 motor for a year with no issues. I've not seen a 15-17 motor break one honestly."
From the best tuner in the industry... That should tell everybody something right there.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto

Alex Flores of VMP takes the same stance in this video; however, he does identify a couple areas that could bust the OPGs.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]I5j_bi3ifHM[/MEDIA]"]Coyote Oil Pump Gear Debate[/ame]

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
hmmm 2 step and rev limiter biggest causing factors. Sounds familiar.:shrug:

Sponsored

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I’m sure that’ll make all these guys that have broken their opgs and CS feel better knowing Lund and yolo have not broken them yet. So because they haven’t it’s a non issue.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I’m sure that’ll make all these guys that have broken their opgs and CS feel better knowing Lund and yolo have not broken them yet. So because they haven’t it’s a non issue.
And who are all those guys that have broke their timing gears?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Alex Flores of VMP takes the same stance in this video; however, he does identify a couple areas that could bust the OPGs.

Coyote Oil Pump Gear Debate
I'm gonna upgrade them...i'm gonna leave them as is....i'm gonna upgrade them....nah, i'm gonna leave them as is.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
you also had an aftermarket balancer which could have been more of the issue than helping.
This... The balancer definitely did anything but help.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
replacing the OPG is a great upgrade but I think the stock parts failing is almost always related to how you treat the car. If you are flogging the hell out of your car, using a 2 step, bouncing off the rev limiter and not allowing your oil temp to warm up before driving, yeah you increase your chances of failure.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
you also had an aftermarket balancer which could have been more of the issue than helping.
Thats corrects as of now we know that, but 2 years ago it was thought to help. Ask one of the Balancer companies and I'll bet they will still claim it helps reduce the risk of failure. Lot's of information out there from all sides of the industry and the ones that sell supercharger and or balancers may not always tell the full story.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Lund didn't just say they have not broken one. They said they have not seen a 15-17 break one. That at least says a little bit about it not being an epidemic. Id still upgrade if i was using 2 step or bouncing off the limiter.
Sponsored