Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Absolutely, we have an Extreme temperature & humidity test chamber that we used to ensure they would work in all climates.

It can be seen in this video at the :40 mark:

The chamber goes down to -50*C and over 180*C

If you find yourself driving in 180 degrees Celsius, you can rest easy knowing that your lights will still illuminate. :thumbsup:

Thank you!
Nick C.

Awesome Nick, thanks for sharing that.

Hopefully I won't be doing any driving in oven temperatures. :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Awesome Nick, thanks for sharing that.

Hopefully I won't be doing any driving in oven temperatures. :D
I certainly hope not! lol

We go beyond the normal requirements for the certification process, just to make sure they as reliable as possible.

Thanks!!
Nick C.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Impressive! Looking forward to getting a set of these on my car! I’m going to be replacing the off-brand competitor’s version of this - these look so much more professional.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Impressive! Looking forward to getting a set of these on my car! I’m going to be replacing the off-brand competitor’s version of this - these look so much more professional.
The best compliment we've received with this installed on our 2015+ Mustang, is that it looks OEM. That's exactly the look and feel our engineering team set out for with this product.

Thanks!
Nick C.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
How is the "crisp bright parking light" different then the drl? Other then it being a little bit brighter? I couldn't really tell the difference in the cjpp video to be honest. I guess I'm wondering why the drl harness is needed? If the lights are switchback and are white the entire time there are not being used as a turn signal, then the "parking light" really becomes a drl anyways. Correct?

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
How is the "crisp bright parking light" different then the drl? Other then it being a little bit brighter? I couldn't really tell the difference in the cjpp video to be honest. I guess I'm wondering why the drl harness is needed? If the lights are switchback and are white the entire time there are not being used as a turn signal, then the "parking light" really becomes a drl anyways. Correct?
Normally your parking lights are not on during the day unless your turn them on manually. That's what the harness is for, to turn the lights on so you don't have to take the controls off automatic.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Normally your parking lights are not on during the day unless your turn them on manually. That's what the harness is for, to turn the lights on so you don't have to take the controls off automatic.
But they are switchback. So they will light up white whenever they are not being used as a turn signal. Meaning they will always be on. Like a drl either way with or without the harness

Is there a way to turn off the white lights?

Will these ever be made without white lights?

Awesome product btw

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
But they are switchback. So they will light up white whenever they are not being used as a turn signal. Meaning they will always be on. Like a drl either way with or without the harness

Is there a way to turn off the white lights?

Will these ever be made without white lights?

Awesome product btw
During the day and if your headlight switch is set to off/automagically, only you tribar DRL will be on. The Diode Dynamics turn signal light will be off. The harness allows the DD turn signal to be on the same time with the tribar DRL when the switch is off/auto.

During the night and when your headlight switch is set to on/automagically, then all your lights will be on including the taillights. The harness won't matter at this time since all your lights are on anyways. The DD turn signal will be white at night and turn amber when signaling.

So the harness allows the lights to be on during the day if that makes sense.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So, I'll be waiting and buying these sometime after Christmas.

Sponsored

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine yesterday. The drivers side worked perfectly. However, when I tried the passenger side, only the turn signal worked. After I drove it a while, the passenger side started working fine. :shrug:

38071958855_f3b840ddbc_b.jpg

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
I installed mine yesterday. The drivers side worked perfectly. However, when I tried the passenger side, only the turn signal worked. After I drove it a while, the passenger side started working fine. :shrug:

38071958855_f3b840ddbc_b.jpg
Installed mine and right side worked perfectly ,left side would not light up . spent a lot of time checking wiring and no luck getting it to work. Called DD and they sent me a replacement. Installed that one and it worked except only 2 of the sequential turn signal lights lite up. Another replacement on the way, hope that one will work. One thing is that DD sure does have great customer service

rwm01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Roush Stage 1
Makes two of us. Installed last night. Right side worked perfect, left side nothing. Waiting on Diode Dynamics.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Installed mine and right side worked perfectly ,left side would not light up . spent a lot of time checking wiring and no luck getting it to work. Called DD and they sent me a replacement. Installed that one and it worked except only 2 of the sequential turn signal lights lite up. Another replacement on the way, hope that one will work. One thing is that DD sure does have great customer service
Sorry to hear that! Very odd as these are age tested and further checked multiple times during the production process. We will have that replacement to you very quickly.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
Installed these on Saturday. Easy install, even with an APR splitter and belly pan that I had to leave on for the install.
Everything worked, only issue I had was trying to fit the circuit board turn signal speed selection into the cavity.
Wouldn't fit due to wiring on the inside.

They look and work great! Along with the drl harness they are bright and look OEM.
Sponsored