Sponsored

Doesn't seem to be much activity in here..

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Im headed to the track this weekend now with 373s and ill let you guys know how that goes
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
With the car being killed I knew it was only a matter of time that this would die. nothing new performance wise to mine all I did was add custom graphics to her so now she is just not another plain jane ingot silver car , she has some high gloss black additions to her that make her pop now.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
off topic, but this seems to be am everything thread now for our v6s...did ford put the same strut mounts from the 2015 PP on the 2016 models and up?

OP
OP
D24112

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
So I make an appointment at the dealer I got the car from to change the parameters in the BCM. Go this morning and I guess the tech had a question about doing it and must have called Ford and they told him he wasn't allowed to do it. WTF?

So does anybody know what all gets changed in the BCM when you change wheel size and gearing? Its a manual so there is nothing transmission related. If its just the speedometer I can live with that.

Actually in using a speedometer calibration chart at 100 indicated with the GT wheels and tires I'll be doing 100.28. Doesn't seem to be anything different. I guess now I need to figure out if changing the ratio from 3.15 to 3.55 will effect anything other than the fun factor.

https://tiresize.com/tires/Ford/Mustang/2017/Fastback-V6/

Added the link. Lots of good info

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hey anyone know what measurements do I need to know to see what wheels will fit the gt brakes? Is it just the backspacing or offset? The 051a has an offset of 40mm but I can't find the backspacing measurement.

FYI, if anyone is thinking of buying 18x9 from AM:
AMR Charcoal Wheel - 18x9 does not fit with the 4piston brakes as there is not enough caliper clearance. This is actually caused by the concave face of the AMR wheel. The backside of the wheel will end up hitting the outside of the caliper causing scrapping and possibly further damage to the caliper and wheel. You would need a wheel that has a flatter face or less of a concaved face to ensure that the wheel would not hit the caliper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D24112

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Me too stock 18" wheel setup with 3.55.
If your running the stock 18s your fine.
Drove 64.2 miles according to the odometer. Garmin 496 gps recorded 66 miles. Speed almost always was really close. Need to get it out on the highway with the cruise control on and see how close it really is.

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I’m currently in recovery from a 10,000 mike road trip in my v6. The BMR GT springs with the Steeda shocks were HARSH but very enjoyable on the PCH :) I grounded out probably 10 times but not noticeable damage thanks to the jacking rails! Transmission flush and fluid change as well as coolant and differential fluid swaps are in the near future. I also got a $250 credit to AM for returning the MMD GT350 splitter, anyone have any good performance mods for around $250? I was looking at BMR toe links or maybe Steeda brake lines.

Worst damage of the trip was the 3 plastic clips that hold the sides of the front bumper to the frame cracked so the passenger side of my bumper is a little floppy right now...I have an appointment next week with the Ford near me.

Nice to see some more action in here! Our V6s are in my opinion great drivers cars and I love dialing mine in for my preferences!

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
OP
OP
D24112

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Well got it on the highway today, set the cruise for 60 and the gps read 60. Tried it in 4th,5th and 6th with the same results. Next step JDM tune if they ever get around to sending it to me.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Any feed back?!

it freaking sucked lol. temps were 30 deg cooler than last year, I added gears and went catless....and it was slower haha....but...everybody I went with was running slower. they glued the track 3 or 4 times....the whole track. there was so much glue I could hear it on the tires as I pulled to the line. the wheel hop was so bad in 2nd gear I had to let off each run. I raced another 3.7 buddy, who had previous ran high 12s, and I beat hime 2 times. but we were both running high 13s sigh. I talked to a racer buddy of mine, who builds and races real race cars, and asked him about glue slowing cars down. he said absolutely, especially street cars. he said it even slows down race cars as well. they glued the shit out of the track, and it was slowing us down for sure. car felt 100% beast mode out on the street. I watched a couple s550 GT PP cars, with mods running mid to high 14s, so I don't feel too bad. sadly it was the last track night of the year, so ill have to wait for the spring to go back.

also, to the guy asked, my MPT tune took care of the speed when I changed gears. it cant account for tire size tho..

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok so I have a question for you guys.... Catless or 3.55 gears? Which one do you think would provide the best bang for the buck? Gears will make it feel faster but catless should actually add power. Trying to decide which I will spend money on this month! Haha
Sponsored